Memory Voltage

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I have 2 sticks of GEIL PC3200 Value Memory (512 MB each). On the Newegg website, it says voltage should range between something like 2.55 V to 2.66 V. Well, my NVIDIA monitor program (measures the temperatures and speeds of some internal devices) states that the memory is being stressed. Well, its voltage right now is at 2.50 V... I find this odd, because isn't that the voltage my memory should be at? I have overclocked my processor 10%, but it declared that it was stressed even before that.

What should I believe?

-Jamxx

hi Jamxx again ... lol

does your motherboard DIMM slots support PC3200? what is your board becasue i have not heard of PC3200 been used twice? anyway i could be wrong. That might been the source of your problem.

voltage

Update your mobo bios/Drivers, then check and see what your bios tell you is happening, if your bios are up to date they should always be right.

Yeah, I have a Asus K8N mobo, and it supports the memory. I'm not experiencing any computer function irregularities, so I'm not too worried about it... But it still bugs me a bit. Is there a chance that the NVIDIA monitor just doesn't recognize that the memory should have that amount of voltage?

Thanks!

lol think he is joking i have nerver herd of a ram card :S

you could try resetting the cmos jumper on your mothboard as it maybe stuck with your old ram value or something, though if you not experiences any irregular errors then it may just be the nvidia thing reading it wrong.

give it a try and see how things turn out

kind regards

speedy

This is the first memory I've ever put on my motherboard. I custom built my PC, and I started out with one stick of 512 MB RAM and added another one a few weeks later. I also don't know what a CMOS jumper is or where it is on the motherboard. Sorry... I'm new to this kind of stuff...

-Jamxx

sorry about what i said, i ment to day RAM Stick oops lol

please send me your mother make etc so i can check it out for you, do you still have your motherboard book. Becasue that will tell you all you need to know about resetting your CMOS.

Motherboard make? Well, it's an ASUS K8N motherboard, I don't know what else to tell you... It has 5 PCI slots, an AGP slot (8x), 3 RAM slots, that's about it as far as that information goes.

Hope that helps... But I'm not sure it will.

-Jamxx

Back
Top Bottom