Broadband connection

Chuck1

Baseband Member
I have just installed windows xp on my home pc. When i did so, the installation process wiped my hardrive this was not a big problem as i had saved the main programs that i needed to a disc but my bt broadband had to be reinstalled but for some reason the light on my router telling me that the router is connected to the pc through the usb cable dose not appear so i cant get on th internet or use my mail.
If anyone could plaese tell me how i can get this fixed it would be much apprecited.

Thanks, Chuck.

you said you reinstalled your video drivers right? try un plugging the modem for ten seconds and then plugging it back it. if not that then go into your controll panel and try checking on you network connection, mare sure you have one set up.

yeah and also when i installed windows xp for some reason by default it has disabled my itnernet connection. all I hd to do was right click on it in network connections and press enable to get it working

Well I would just use the internet connection wizard or new connection wizard in the accessories>communication.
Since you are on broadband, check >> I will configure it myself, use Lan, automatic IP....and when it comes to mail for Outlook Express for instance you will need all the information your ISP has given you.

Back
Top Bottom