No sound?

krosmo

Beta member
well today my brother wanted to play half life on my comp since his isnt working at the moment. i let him play, but he wanted to some music so i open winamp and put in about 20 cool songs and walk out of the room. within 15 minutes i can hear him across the house, "the sound went out" lol the thing that sucks is i just got a pair of pc150's today that ive been waiting for about 8 days, and my sound isnt working...

notes-
-i had the volume on about full blast...
-my brother said the music went out before the half life ingame sound (if that makes a different).
-i have an onboard sony sound card -_-

well you could check to make shure that your speaker connections are snug and pushed in all the way, i once had a problem like that , but sound was only coming out of one side of the speaker's..

it turned out to be loose wiring connection in back. If the connections are ok, then try using windows media player, do you get the same results from it, if so then yes it's your sound card config. settings.

Right clic My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager> click on the + beside the sound, video and game controller. If you have a yellow exclamation mark, it means you have a conflict. Right click on the device which has a conflict and then properties>drivers update driver. Windows will seach for the drivers a re'install them.
From what you wrote, your brother was playing a game and listening to music at the same time!! which sound leads? Can you play two games at the same time! Well you can't listen to two different sound source at the same time.
You can also check in your control panel to make sure your sounds have been assigned to the right device, in case you have 2; like a sound card and another one on your mobo.

Back
Top Bottom