processor running hot

Jack05

In Runtime
hey all
processor running at 59'c, this seems a little hot to me? Especially with 4 fans in my case, I am using ASUS pc probe to find out
jack

He's totally right about that. If you do not have enough thermal compound, heat will not transfer from the CPU to the copper or aluminum of the heatsink.

Also, fans in your case will not really effect your cpu's temp, the direct cooling on it will.

is it possible to determine if it has enough purely from a visual examination? As the ppl where i got my comp are idiots they even forgot to install the drivers on my comp, which i think 1400 bucks should cover :mad:
jack

Just take off the HSF and look at the thermal paste. Does t cover the procsor and no more

Well id definately check the thermal paste too......a store that puts a computer together and doesnt install any drivers needs a smack upside the head so who knows what else they were slack-ass with.

yeh definetely
ill go have a check, if it does need need thermal paste how much does it cost and where can i get it from? Actually i might take it back and MAKE THEM do it
jack

Back
Top Bottom