working at dell

adam has switched to AWS so hell be working 12 hours a day 3 days/wk instead of 10 hrs/day 4 days/wk

I know this thread is kinda old but I feel like posting this anyway. athlon64fx, it sounds like you had a bad work experience at Dell. Did you work at TMC? I'm on 1st shift and have not dealt with any of crap you did. I've been a builder there for 5 months and have recently been moved to chassis prep. I would like to point out a few things. The area around the burn racks is not hot. It's actually quite cold over there. As far as I know, working over 40 hours a week isn't illegal as long as you're paid time and a half for every hour over 40. Some of the builders may be a little rough with parts but you should not get any DOAs because every system goes through a "quick test" before it's shipped out to make sure the system is 100% functional. I'm not too sure what you mean by the cases shattering in chassis prep. I have never seen that happen. I've seen cases severely bent out of shape but they are already like that when we take them out of the boxes. All in all, it's not such a bad place to work. This is just my opinion, but I had to say it so not everyone will think it's this evil hellish place. And besides, they have ping-pong tables in the break room :D

Wow...I remember this thread. :p That was when athlon used to be called dell_ate_my_dog...so long ago. This thread is so old. :D

Back
Top Bottom