ECC and NONE ECC ram

CharmPeddler

Beta member
Hey every 1, just found and read another post from this forum and it seemed every on here is really helpfull so i thought id post my question :)

Im running the ASUSE A7N8X-E deluxe MOBO
(the mobo says non- ECC)
ive been running one stick of Kinston 184pin 512mb ddr pc-3200 NON-ECC)

i just orderd another stick of ram (same as the first exeptthat)i recieved ECC instead of NON ECC(im sure its my fault)

ive been running both sticks now for 1 week and i can tell the differance but i was wondering if there is a problem with runnin one stick NON-ECC and one stick ECC?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help and or info

You simply can't put a stick of ECC ram in a no-ECC mobo. Your pc wont boot up if you do. PCModder tried to do it and they said they wouldnt boot up with it.

ECC ram

well ive been running one stick of non ecc and one stick of ecc for about a week now and no problems sofar. i can tell the differance though it is a little bit faster but not as much as i though sence i went from 512 meg to 1 gig. but im thinking thats becouse of the ecc differance but im not sure

ram

ok so do i turn off the ecc or wht. and sence it hasnt (that i can tell) messed with anything is it ok to keep what i have?

You dont turn of ECC. You take out that ram and dont use it. ECC is meant for servers, you dont really use it in regualr pc's. Just take it out or leave it if your happy. It has an extra block on it so thats why.

Back
Top Bottom