Recording A Monitor Image?

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
My friend and I wanted to record something displayed on the computer monitor (he claims he can beat Megaman I without getting hit) but I can never get it to work! I have an FX 5200 256 MB graphics card (I know, I know...), and a PCTV video capture card. My G-Card has an S-Video port on it, and my PCTV has an S-Video port on it as well, and assuming that the video card's S-Video port is "out" (I'm not sure about that...) and the PCTV's is "in" (which I'm positive it is), and I have an S-Video cable that works between the two, shouldn't it detect something? I've tried this, and all I get is the blue screen treatment on my PCTV... Has anyone attempted such a feat before?

Thanks guys!

-Jamxx

yer i know of 2 programs that can do this

Fraps
Win Media Encoder

I would recommend fraps but they both do a similar thing...fraps is actually meant for game recording though...google them or find a download site

hope this helps dude ;)

u could do that, or go get a video camera, and prop it up on sumthing so that its facing/zoomed in on ur monitor with out someone holding it the whole time

Well, you do know that when you do that the image is highly distorted because apparently when you use an electronic lens on another electronic image surface (i.e. - television, computer screen) something weird happens (for example - last time I tried that half of the monitor could not even be made out because it was so dim, and the other half was so bright it hurt your eyes to look at).

For the software, what exactly do you mean by just download it? What else did you have to do? To me, this doesn't seem like a software problems but a connection problem. I could be wrong. I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what you're trying to tell me.

Thanks!

-Jamxx

frap is a program that records the image sent by ur gfx card, and also gives fps and other things, just dl it, and open it, u will c :) wonder ful prog, and last time i used a camera to record my monitor, it worked fine ... i dunno mebbe ur camera is older or sumthin

Wow... I would have never known my framerate on Tribes was so........... low. I got a whoppin' 27 FPS. No es bueno. However, soon I'm going to get a 6600 GT, so that should solve my problems. (Obviously, I got Fraps to work.)

Thanks guys! Now my friend is going to be really happy.

-Jamxx

Okay, now I have another problem. Fraps apparently only record 30 seconds at a time. I need something that can do a continous recording. Any other suggestions?

-Jamxx

Back
Top Bottom