64 bit P4!!!!

I based my guesses on the system requirements for 2003 server
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/sysreqs/default.mspx
there are two version that are only supported on 64bit archietectures...

in addition to this, intel have had 64bit chips out for quite a while now.
take a look at these beasts
http://www.intel.com/products/server/processors/server/itanium2/
upto 9MB L3 cache on the MP!

when I say they've been out for quite a while it's a guess based on the fact that the w2k3 server specs mention them, but that was last updated april last year.

The itanium is a server based CPU, not a personal computing based CPU. Also Intel's itanium (and itanium 2) is just slaughtered when placed up against leading AMD 64 FXs.

the ad never says 64 bit processor. It merely states that it has some 64 bit capability.

my fx slaughers that thing sooooo bad its not even funny, itainium ..pfffttttttttt intels attempt at being cool. I HATE how intel always says "leading edge, best" and so on , because they are straight up lying, i see a lawsuit

When Intel proves that it is the better competitor then we can see the facts. Intel thought they had it all due to the fact they developed PCI express...... but look, now most 939 sockets for AMD 64 are PCI- E..... Therefore giving AMD the leading edge in graphics and gaming with the true 64 bit cpu and the powerfull PCI- E

PCI-E isn't great. It is in its infancy and I doubt it can be established in the market. It has shown marginal to almost no improvement of capabilities over AGP 8X.

THis new P4 isn't 64-bit though.

PCIex owns your momma. LOL

Just upgraded to PCIex and have had no problems with it.

If you would like to continue to pay more for Video card then certainly keep AGP.

Intel has low royalties on PCIex so in return cards cost much less.

Sure its not exactly faster than AGP but it is near it. And in the future it should be above it.

Anyone who buys an AGP video card or Mobo is a fool i tell you.

Screw off.. I bought an AGP card.. but quite some time ago. I didn't know PCI-E was coming out. And by the way, AGP 8X cards cost less.

Back
Top Bottom