Xp64-bit

Freakshow

Solid State Member
Hi Guys

I did a few searches came up with some info, still have a couple of questions?

Is anyone actually running this trial version of 64 bit?

If so how is it?

If i chosse to install it will i have to reinstall everything in my computer or will it just upgrade my cureent XP pro?

Thanks

I had a few q's on the same subject. DO NOT wipe out ur current OS and replace it with xp64, its not meant to be ur primary OS, its still in its testing phase and there arent drivers for all your hardware, therefore many things will NOT work. If you decide to trial, do it on a seperate drive. I will do that once i have added my second HDD.

Windows XP x64 (Windows XP 64-bit works, but its a Workstation Version for pure 64-bit Itanium2s) is a pretty damn good Beta. It works fine; its when third party stuff comes in that it falls. Internet things are the first you'll notice may not work. Some other programs are likely not to. I installed it a while ago but am not a Dual Boot person - so I uninstalled it a few days after.

When its in final release, if you have an AMD 64, its well worth getting it. The performance is of great advantage.

lord k u seen the first release of bill gates's 98, bill did it himself and it was in a presentasion when it had a blue screen of death! ill get u link if u like!

lol, ya, linux is a pain, its keepin me from wc3 and WoW untill my hdd come back, since i had to rma it cuz some retard comp guy (same one that screwed up other things) put jumper in as if the hdd which is a WD was a maxtor or sumthin sigh, anyways, i cant get win xp to isntall on this hdd, dunno y, i install and then it says, error loading os and im like .... WTF, but SuSe 9.2 64 bit aint bad otehr than that little bit, and the fact that i had to dl a 3.1 gig file and burn to a dvd to install, comes with CRAPLOADS on the dvd tho :)

Back
Top Bottom