Linux vs windows?

This discussion has been all over the web, it's rather useless.
It's what you want, not what others.
If you want to learn, go Linux or FreeBSD.
If you want to [make passionate love] around and play games go Win32.

I can tell you I've learned more windows than I have on linux...

the only thing I've really had to learn on linux is how to use it!

I like Linux because you can actually configure it ._.
Windows you can't even get to your own files sometimes >.>!

Thats my point though...
you can't get to your files half the time...

most people feel like this with linux and have relativly few problems with windows.

thats what they'd say about for not being able to fnid files in windows!!!

it's all about what you are used to more than anything.

They're both much of a muchness to me. The only difference in my mind being the fact Windows is Microsoft and of the Divine, and Linux is not and of the Abyss. In all for the testing I've done I can do less on Linux because of the dreadful lack of useful programs, not because of Linux itself. Open Office is very much like Office 2 I found on a Windows 3.1 Computer I put out of its missery recently. Same with Visual Studio; there isn't even a Tool that works on Linux to equal it. Adobe Photoshop, and so on, are some other things. Internet, it just doesn't work with anything but Dialup.

For me as I said they're the same general usefulness as an Operating System. Nothing I found on Linux wasn't on Windows, nothing I know of on Windows I didn't find on Linux (except a few things, which I presume must be there if I looked long enough, Taskmanager for instance).

Oh yeah Devil Hack - we're not allowed to swear like many used to here :p (I of course never did, I'm a good boy) but yeah. Lol. Nice to see you back though.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Same with Visual Studio; there isn't even a Tool that works on Linux to equal it.
It's because we use real programming languages in Linux, not microsofts bastardisation of languages.

For photo shop there is GIMP
internet works with ethernet routers, there is just limited driver support for USB ADSL modems, (which is really a manfuacturer problem).

root said:
It's because we use real programming languages in Linux, not microsofts bastardisation of languages.

For photo shop there is GIMP
internet works with ethernet routers, there is just limited driver support for USB ADSL modems, (which is really a manfuacturer problem).
Lol; you can easily do C++ in Visual Studio with the same Visual Abilities and all the normal born under wedlock C++ Code in the Editor. Visual Studio 2005 has even stopped adding all that useless Code Microsoft sticks in to say who made it.

Its not a manufacturer problem :D Linux depend on the Manufacturer to do it - he's then in control. The Manufacturer only has a problem if he doesn't do one for Windows; because Windows doesn't depend on the Manufacturer to do it and doesn't need its commerce. Until Linux has that - it will always be up to Linux to sort out Drivers or people to do Drivers.

Back
Top Bottom