Beta

B1kesrule

In Runtime
sorry this may sound a bit stupid but what is BETA ive heard about programs being tested for it but im not sure what it is.

Alex

It's greek for B...

products have three release stages...
first is stage A (Alpha), the product is very bugg and released to inhouse testing...
once most of the bugs aer ironed out it gets released to outside testers.
release b (beta) is to outside testers.

the next release is commercial release, and products are released for purchanse.

Beta Testing...

I beta test some ISP software for different companies. I also do beta for hardware builders. I am bound by contract not to disclose who, but it gets interesting some times.
I called it prerelease testing. I now have changed that to read prerelease with all bugs included...

Yeah. If you get an MSDN Subscription you do a lot of Beta Testing for Microsoft - probably not the production and technical testing Setishock does but its the next best things without working there. There are Beta programs for most companies.

Alpha Testing is a great deal less stable and harder - because you can't generally go about day to day business while testing it.

Right now, Microsoft have their BETA Antispyware to download for free. Then when its' tweak, tuned and have found all the bugs which will have been reported by users, they will come out with an official version.
Internet Explorer 5.5 was at a time in a beta stage. As a matter of fact Windows 95 which came out in version A, B, C, to Windows 98 and finally Windows 98SE (second edition) were more or less betas leading to Windows 98SE which should have been an actual Windows 95 that didn't come right on time.

Back
Top Bottom