64 bit P4!!!!

ComputerWizard said:
its not 64? isnt that false advertising..

No its just intels labeling these days. Their lates p4s are braned with a number such as the 3.0ghz LGA 775 has the number of 630 the 3.6ghz has a # of 660 and so on.

They lie.. those aren't 64-bit chips. They claim they have an extended memory controller... that's weak. Why anybody would buy an intel... :rolleyes:

If you don't like INTEL, you can say what you say about it but I believe what the spec says. 2 Meg L2 Cache, 1066 FSB, 64 bit processor and still be able to use your 32 bit applications, isn't that good news!
I drive a Chevy and Titleist Pro V1; does that make Ford or Topflite crappy!
No concurrence, no improvement.

The FSB appears to be 800MHz, not 1066. And it isn't 64-bit. And no kidding.. the AMD 64 works with 32-bit applications too. It isn't anything new.

I have it and Windows and all programs work fine. That's because 32-bit programs are backwards compatible with AMD 64.. it is a 64-bit CPU, but it works with 32-bit programs. It is very popular on this forum.. a lot of members have it (And it is better then Intel.. my AMD 64 3000+ [OCed to 2.2GHz] defeats the P4 3.2GHz with HT).

Now we don't need to ask whether it is compatible with 32-bit programs. But will Windows longhorn be compatible with 32-bit programs? I think so.. I hope so..

I'm not holding my breath..

but there probably will be some mangled half implemented compatibility mode

Well since many applications and games are in 32-bit, and won't suddenly change over to 64-bit once longhorn comes out I think there will be full implemented 32-bit compatibility mode built in.

Back
Top Bottom