Hooking stereo speakers to PC

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
I have two B&W speakers in the garage that I want to hook up to my PC if possible. If it is possibel, how can i do this and what do i need.

thanks

If those are stereo speakers not possible.. unless you have a sound card that has RCA/coaxial connections... from what I know...

Yeah.

If it is just stereo, you might be able to find someway of placing both sets into one stero jack though, to get the same sound from both. Not exactly sure how you could do this though...

*KaGe*

It is possible.

Here is a ghetto way to do it. You won't get left and right channels but I'm sure you'll get over it.

1) Get a pair of headphones from the dollarstore
2) cut the wire half way through and strip the ends
3) strip the ends of the wires coming from the speakers
4) connect both positive connections from the speakers to one of the wires from the headphones and tape them together.
5) do the same with the negatives
*Make sure the positives and negatives aren't exposed and touching each other
6) Plug in your speakers into your sound card

VOILA! :D As ghetto as it gets ;)

Another way is to get an Amp/receiver and make sure you have an RCA -> Speaker cable for your soundcard.That is the best method seeing as you will be able to push more power through.

its eays, i hooked sum huge stereo speakers up to my comp, but that was only cus they were the same watt as my normal comp speakers...u need to check what 'watt' these stereo speakers r? then get an amp for it, or use the one that powered ur standard comp speakers fi they were the same watt

Slaughter said:
It is possible.

Here is a ghetto way to do it. You won't get left and right channels but I'm sure you'll get over it.

1) Get a pair of headphones from the dollarstore
2) cut the wire half way through and strip the ends
3) strip the ends of the wires coming from the speakers
4) connect both positive connections from the speakers to one of the wires from the headphones and tape them together.
5) do the same with the negatives
*Make sure the positives and negatives aren't exposed and touching each other
6) Plug in your speakers into your sound card

VOILA! :D As ghetto as it gets ;)

Another way is to get an Amp/receiver and make sure you have an RCA -> Speaker cable for your soundcard.That is the best method seeing as you will be able to push more power through.

WRONG my friend is living threw this shit and he told me how to do it, you can not get normal speakers and hook them to your sound card, you can but you will here it but not loud anyway, i use to have a AMP connected to my pc, 2 wires plug from the AMP to the pc Sound card then after that wack the speakers in the AMP and stick a song on to your PC turn your AMP up and there you go.

If your AMP fuse ever goes anybody, take them out WRAP TIN FOIL round them so that the 2 ends of the fuse are cnnected with the foil, this means your AMP or what eva has more POWER and if it an AMP it goes alot louder and not just that you will never need to buy a FUSE ever again.

the idea of usnig headphones straight from the PC does work but only with small (1.5w) speakers...

using tinfoil/wiretool/paperclips is very dangerous,

fuses usually blow for a reason, (I.e power surge) , without a fuse, (or even with an overrated fuse) your equipment can break. and you can get electric shocks/electrocuted...

Back
Top Bottom