Xp And Hdd

I've used it on 4 gig hd's. Just as long as you don't plan on using it for storage or installing a bunch of software. But if you are using it for wordprocessing or something it's fine.

Most shared program files are stored on your OS drive and you dont have a choice. Things like antivirus and firewall software update files, adobe suite of product files, CD and DVD burning software files...etc. I would advise going with at least 10 to be safe b/c its easier to do it at the beginning than to steal space later on.

The least I'd go for is probably a 20gig drive (I didn't think you could get ones that are less anymore). They are quite cheap anyway.
If you want it to be fast also, try and get one that is 7200 RPM, and it should speed things up too.

*KaGe*

Sorry, i thought you meant drive. If your talking abiut the actual physical HDD, then i believe Kage is right, and you cannot get anything that is too small. Actually what would be the point of wasting the space inside your machine with a tiny HDD. I paid my 160 SATA drive like $100CAD. I wouldnt get anythign smaller when buying a newer one.

Yeah.

I mean, even a bigger hard drive would cost little more than the 20gb in my opinion. They only cost about 10 quid more, for a 40gig i think. Then there is another 15 quid or something to move up to 60...

*KaGe*

There is a minimum of 1.5 Gig but also where do you expect to find a hard disk smaller than 40 Gig and at what price! There use to be a rule of thumb: a dollar (C$) a Gig, now its' drop a lot and the manufactures are dropping their production of smaller size hard drives. Today the smallest is 40 Gig when a few years back it was the biggest! What's Next @@@

hehe... a terrabyte? (1024GB) :p

...i wish...

the manufacturers would lose out then though, no one would ever need another hard drive..
and well, except if it failed, and before that, how are you supposed to back up a terrabyte of data??!! :O *shock, horror*

*News flash: With a 2 terrabyte copier of course!!!

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom