Build, buy or upgrade.

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I have many options now.... Im starting to think that upgrading my dell is like flogging a dead horse. This computer doesnt even belong to me, its the families. So I have many choices on my hands... My first thought was to build a desktop with the help of you guys. But then i realised that I wouldnt be able to fit it anywhere in my room at all unless I bought a TFT. Second thoughts were to keep going with my dell. Stick a new PSU in it and a new graphics card, but it still doesnt belong to me. And Ive always wanted one of my own. So my final thought was to buy a laptop. Minor problem with them, is that they will struggle with todays games unless you blow £1500 on one. No way I can afford that.

So i need a powerful laptop under a grand, some magic remedy to help my dell, or come up with any other ideas into what i can do....

Any ideas would be great....

99nasha

well for around 700 i am sure u could find a half decent mini atx system and at a stretch theese would probebly include a smalll tft screen. though the problem with having your own system and getting a tft screen is that by the time you spend most of your money on your system u will need to buy a fast response tft screen (i would highly recommend one with less then 15ms response)

and the trouble with upgrading your dell pc is that all dell pcs come with a custom made dell motherbaord making it hard to upgrade video card ram and getting the full benifit from them.

another option to your dielema is to buy or build a media center edition pc, i would only advise this is you already have a tv in your room as you could easily link the pc upto your tv and you would not even have to buy a tft moniter.

if you give some more information about the specs you would like, more on the details of your requirements of your new pc and the specs of your dell system at the moment i can help you further and give you more of a helping hand.

kind regards and good luck!

Speedy

ah just seen your dell system specs down the bottem sorry man,

well i would recomend you start a scratch as:
1 you pc is not ur own and could undergo some serious downtime when you upgrade your pc
2 some dell jumpers for the case power on ect ect are hard to relocate on the motherbaord once you have taken them out to upgrade your cpu or wahteva

I want a PC which will run the latest games like half life 2 and doom 3. But I dont want to go over the top with price. I also want a decent size hard drive so I can have all my games on it. I would want to make it look pretty as well, with a side panel and lights in it. My budget would be around £800

ok m8 ill pm with my msn adress and ill give u a text document with some suggestions, the thing is i had the exacte same probeblem about 3 months ago with pretty much the same budget

My 2 cents worth...

The only advice I'll venture is make sure ALL the componets of your built system will play nice together. Compatability is one major thing a lot of people over look. Trust me, it comes back to take a hunk out of your tail later. Plan ahead and shop till you drop...

i'm 14 n i built ym comp at xmas...more of a low budget pc but it goes gr8! sempron 2800+ at just over 2ghz, 256 crucial ram, and a fab ati radeon 9550 card that goes beautiful...all cost less than £200 buyin all the parts and buildin it msesen. the only part i had already is the harddrive so u cud probly build an even better one for under 300-400 quid...i got 8 lit up fans and 2 neons in mine to! i love pretty lights :)

Back
Top Bottom