Inputting s-video or Composite into a computer (9800 pro)

HughColohan

Beta member
Hey guys, I recently got an Radeon 9800 All-In-Wonder Pro, and I am just wondering how to input s-video or composite cables properly so that i can watch vhs movies or play PS2 on my nice(r than my TV) monitor. I thought i had installed all the drivers and stuff from the CD's that came with it, but when i attach the cables to the purple video-in receptor (sorry for the bad description) nothing shows up on my screen.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Eh...I've never used one so I'm at a bit of a loss... Perhaps your still set to SVid? They have an RCA and Svid in and out connection, right? See if you can swap it...

what software are you using?

make sure that compositive is selected on the software it should appear ok

catalyst?

sorry for not being too clear, i'm trying to run it off the basic software that came with my 9800, but it doesnt seem to work, even though it should, according to this ever-so-helpful guide they have on the help section of the disc:

untitled1mv.jpg

Now don't start peeling oignons!
You got your AUDIO and VIDEO OUT of your VCR connected to the purple adapter, and the other end >s-video plugged in the video card. So you clic on s-video as your input.
Composite is if you have your cable TV or used a coaxial cable to bring in your signal. And that signal has to be scanned so it will come in at the right setting just like you set your TV to channel 3 for instance to swap your VCR on-line.
When it will come to sound, you will have to connect the s-video part of your small black adapter with a bunch of wires and the male sound adapter to your line-in of your sound card. When the program will ask, you will know what to click. If you have other problems, be more specific and I will be able to help you out with this; I own two ATI AIW.

ok thank you very much!

i just got the ps2 hooked up with an s-video cable into the purple thingy, and running through the TV program. unfourtunately, i dont quite catch what you want about the sound. there is another black cord that came with the all in wonder, which has an s-video receptor, a yellow plug thing (sorry, i dont actually know what it is), and what looks like a line-in plug

what do i do know?

lol sorry for being such an idiot

Well that adapter you described is what I mean. To get the sound, you will have to plug the s-video receptor part into the video card plug-in and the line-in plug in the line in of your sound card.
Now, during setup, you will be asked where you sound is coming from and just click LINE IN.
Note, one of my hookup is that I use a coaxial connection between my VCR and video card (and my VCR is connected to the cable ). So this way, I don't need the purple plug adapter and I can switch from TV to VCR to an XBox hooked up on the VCR. I ran my cables under the living room floor (basement) and back out behind my TV and VCR. No messy cables laying around.

Back
Top Bottom