Windows 98

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Hello all, my friend has Windows XP and he has a old PC, If you put Windows 98 on it do you think it would be alot Faster, meaning Programs to load faster and the internet and things like that, need a Fast answer.

Thnx Xx Cobra xX

if he got below 256 mb ram yeah.else xp is prolly faster.

on a below 1.2 gigaherts system i have always liked win 2000 pro

I put Windows ME on my 1ghz, 384mb ram, just as an experiment to see if it was much faster.
Programs loaded alot faster, the internet didn't seem to speed up any. I've got DSL connected via an ethernet card, but if using a winmodem or a USB DSL/Cable modem (something that has to use additional system resorces), it might speed up the internet.

usb is much slower then ethernet how can u say that :O

i guess it will never run on 100 mbit.

and me is just a temporary version cuz they wanted a new proggie for the millenium to make a buck.too actually haved one that works they came up with win 2000 pro. call the win me the beta version of win 2000 pro lol.

i work on a helppdesk and me users have always got pretty much tcp ip probs and all that .

An ethernet card is less taxing on the system, than say a USB connection, at least as far as DSL/Cable modems are concerned.
And Windows ME was in no way a beta for Windows 2000. 2000 is based on NT......ME was just a 98 upgrade.

i know m8 lol i just h8 winme cuz i had serious issues with it.

but almost nobody uses usb in networks because it slow.

thats why isp's always offer u a free usb modem saves em loads of bandwith i guess :D

Back
Top Bottom