What movies have really touched you?

OK well thats your opinion. I really, really dont want to debate about Moore so please can we drop that. I just thought that In Zero Day the way it was shot really was essential at giving the whole thing a more authentic feel,
it helped us to delve into the psyche of the two shooters.
Sure Elephant, was a great movie but in my eyes Zero Day was just so much better. Thats just me though.

CarpeNoctem said:
I am curious, could you post some examples of where he lied? I am not debating whether or not he lied. I just want to know what he lied about.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

No problem.

Also, he lied about a video of Heston..

"B. Mt. Morris shooting/ Flint rally. Bowling continues by juxtaposing another Heston speech with a school shooting of Kayla Rolland at Mt. Morris, MI, just north of Flint. Moore makes the claim that "Just as he did after the Columbine shooting, Charlton Heston showed up in Flint, to have a big pro-gun rally."

Fact: Heston's speech was given at a "get out the vote" rally in Flint, which was held when elections rolled by some eight months after the shooting ( Feb. 29 vs Oct. 17, 2000).

Fact: Bush and Gore were then both in the Flint area, trying to gather votes. Moore himself had been hosting rallies for Green Party candidate Nader in Flint a few weeks before."

Well i have to say that the most moving ending for me was Brave Heart also, that was such an awsome movie. And the way they killed his wife...

I would have went ape shit too, but he did it with style.

Since you guys are talking about movies that are shot well. I figured I would mention Citizen Kane. That movie was one of the best movies shot. Now when you watch it, it doesn't seem all that great. But think about how it compared back when it was made.

Yep Gladiator...

Maximus got dealt a dirty hand. But he made the best of things and kept his head up. A good life lesson. I'm 52 years old and I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears for the guy.
Maximus, Maximus, Maximus...
I got to go to bed, Good night. See ya'll in the daylight...

I can't believe no one has said American History X. How could that movie not impact you? The ending of the movie was such a huge imact and came out of nowhere. The movie had a very good point about racism too.

A movie shot incredibly well, and why I didn't mention it before is beyond me.. Traffic. Stunning. Realistic.. and broke my heart.. I was in tears.

Isnt that the one all shot in blue, about drugs?

Also the last Emperor of China was a fantastic film.

Speaking of drugs. One film that depicts drugs very well is Requiem for a Dream. One of my favorites. Another well shot movie.

Back
Top Bottom