What movies have really touched you?

rakedog

Fully Optimized
I mean like, at the end of the movie, some people cry if it's a really good movie and something sad or good happens... I'm not saying that every movie that touches you, you cry, but just if it touched you, list it here. Here are mine:

Gladiator - the very end, when he dies
Braveheart - when wallace is executed
LOTR: ROTK - after arragon is crowned king, the whole scene with like "My friends, you bow to No one"

Although I didnt cry, this really have had an impact on me;

Zero Day: The whole thing
Capturing the Friedmans: The whole thing
Bowling For Columbine: The whole thing, especially the Columbine Shooting Scene.

Bowling for Columbine is a joke... it skews everything.. if you want to see a real good movie on the shootings go see... Elephant.

Movies that touched me:

Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down
Elephant
The Laramie Project

Giancarlo said:
Bowling for Columbine is a joke... it skews everything.. if you want to see a real good movie on the shootings go see... Elephant.
I dont want to get into a debate about Michael Moore films, you dont like them I do like them, we will leave it at that. Secondly I watched Elephant immediatly after watching Zero Day. I found that while Elephant was beautifully directed, it just wasnt as effective as Zero Day. You may or may not have seen it Gian, but I strongly recommend it to those who have seen Elephant, and everyone in general. It is an absolute ripper of a movie.

I would have to say....

American History X
Empire of the sun
Those two movies had a good impact on me.

What is Zero day about?

I've seen Zero Day. Sub-par at best. But when it comes to Moore.. he just lies. That simple. I can post dozen of pages of evidence showing where he does if you want. Elephant is one of the most effective films depicting a situation based on Columbine.

Giancarlo said:
I've seen Zero Day. Sub-par at best. But when it comes to Moore.. he just lies. That simple. I can post dozen of pages of evidence showing where he does if you want. Elephant is one of the most effective films depicting a situation based on Columbine.

I wouldn't say that he lies....He just doesn't explain the whole truth.

I am curious, could you post some examples of where he lied? I am not debating whether or not he lied. I just want to know what he lied about.

Back
Top Bottom