MS and Apple Joining Forces ?

Re: MS and Apple Joining Forces ? Poll!

I know... It's just that I like the little bells and whistles included in the Mac package... I guess there's plenty of freeware for Windows for that... It's just some of the things available in the Mac package are beyond freeware and open-source quaility... If I only was a good programmer...
~BRN

Note... this thread is dead... please post in my other thread that includes a poll... I accidently posted twice...

The Mac Graphics are seriously nice. The Microsoft Mac Graphics are very nice too. For Office 2004 and such like.

But yeah - that's all it has. And it only has that over Microsoft becuase its over 3 years more up to date. Graphics Technology has come a long way.

no!!!!!!!1 that better not happen. if it did i would never use a computer again.....unless there was a windows version by itself too...not just "WinMac"

Haha. If Windows and Mac joined - it would be called Windows, Mac would be stopped in place of a Windows Version that goes on Mac, and the Apple Developers would move to Redmond.

Personally, I think Windows would adopt Mac's GUI, but only as an "option" in the Display Control Panel... maybe you would even have to buy an "exapansion pack". You know how MS is money-hungery.
Or even you'd have to get a special version of Windows like "Microsoft Windows: Mac Edition". If that was the case,though, I think MS would include it in the Pro package.
One last note about the Mac GUI... I forgot to say this before... I think it looks more "modern". Of course, the Longhorn GUI doesn't look to bad...
I wish you could customize the "Windows XP" style GUI the way you can the "Windows Classic" style GUI... You have to have Stardock's Object Desktop for that (of course, being the tweaker I am, I got it for Christmas)... I hope Longhorn has more styles included in it, and you could at least be able to download them from 'net... I mean Win XP only has three!
~BRN
... I got carried away on my elipses again... ;)

brn said:
Personally, I think Windows would adopt Mac's GUI, but only as an "option" in the Display Control Panel... maybe you would even have to buy an "exapansion pack". You know how MS is money-hungery.
Or even you'd have to get a special version of Windows like "Microsoft Windows: Mac Edition". If that was the case,though, I think MS would include it in the Pro package.
One last note about the Mac GUI... I forgot to say this before... I think it looks more "modern". Of course, the Longhorn GUI doesn't look to bad...
I wish you could customize the "Windows XP" style GUI the way you can the "Windows Classic" style GUI... You have to have Stardock's Object Desktop for that (of course, being the tweaker I am, I got it for Christmas)... I hope Longhorn has more styles included in it, and you could at least be able to download them from 'net... I mean Win XP only has three!
~BRN
... I got carried away on my elipses again... ;)
Haha, probably Windows Mactopia Edition, or as you said included in Pro.

It does look a whole lot more clean, as it were, like many sites are moving towards, Office has moved in that direction at least, as well as Visual Studio and a few other Microsoft products like MSN Messenger and MSN Explorer especially.

It will be interesting what Microsoft do with the Longhorn GUI. It will certainly change between even the Beta 1 and Beta 2, probably still after that but not so much. Its one of the few things, along with Security, which is moving rapidly.

I would like the idea of them joining. I mean, face it. Microsoft always shuts down on you. No matter what Ido, and I'm doing all I can to keep my PC stable. If I could have gotten a Mac, I would have, but it was too expensive. Although, I do like the way Windows is user-friendly. Maybe if Windows could adopt the stability and graphics of Mac, the world would be a better place. :)

The Prophet said:
I would like the idea of them joining. I mean, face it. Microsoft always shuts down on you. No matter what Ido, and I'm doing all I can to keep my PC stable. If I could have gotten a Mac, I would have, but it was too expensive. Although, I do like the way Windows is user-friendly. Maybe if Windows could adopt the stability and graphics of Mac, the world would be a better place. :)
Mac is only stable (and I use the term loosely) on an Apple PC with little variance in spec and inner workings.

I would also like to see Microsoft buy Apple. Steve Jobs could be a great use to Microsoft.

Back
Top Bottom