Favourite Songs...

truarabplayer said:
Umm i respect the fact that you dislike, or hate it, but if you listened to some of the lyrics, youll see it has a lot more meaning, and it requires a lot more talent, than screaming your head off, and I wont deny the fact that a lot of rap is contriversial, but soo is rock. I for one can not stand rock at all, I cant undersatnd anything but im also sure i wouldnt want to. Rap has a beat, it has a flow, rock on the other hand is off beat.

Alot more meaning? Ah, so I can relate to being shot in "da hood" by ma homies, then? Don't give me that; it seems to me that rappers live in their own damn fantasy world anyways. There's eminem bitching about how people get shot in the rap world (which is true, and to an extent I agree with him) ... yet there's him sat in a multi million dollar mansion somewhere in the vast lands of USA.

Alot more talent? Oh, totally, I can see that sitting there rhyming and talking fast is far more talented than a person being a well respected musician who can actually play an instrument; and extremely well in most metal/punk band cases. I'm sorry, but metal has a beat; and atleast it's a beat that is created by a human being playing an instrument, rather than some randomly electronicly made sound.

... but as you say, that's your opinion, this is mine.

Slayer said:
There's eminem bitching about how people get shot in the rap world (which is true, and to an extent I agree with him) ... yet there's him sat in a multi million dollar mansion somewhere in the vast lands of USA.

eminem is stupid, loser, who only knows how to use profanity and curse out his mother, i think he sould have gotten the boot long ago. Im talking about people like tupac who rap about real thinks, insperational things. I dont want to start flaming and stuff so I aint gonna say anything after this.

crazyjoe16 said:
ah i love that song! but its not my favorite. close though... my favorite right now is "Dragged Down" by Taproot. but any song by System of a Down could also be considered my fav song...

o and i'll get the lyrics up for my song later.
btw, no i didn't know he used to be nirvana's drummer....all i know is he had some connection with Queens of the Stoneage or something..

Yeah, I think they're making a new album with Queens of the Stone Age.

truarabplayer said:
Umm i respect the fact that you dislike, or hate it, but if you listened to some of the lyrics, youll see it has a lot more meaning, and it requires a lot more talent, than screaming your head off, and I wont deny the fact that a lot of rap is contriversial, but soo is rock. I for one can not stand rock at all, I cant undersatnd anything but im also sure i wouldnt want to. Rap has a beat, it has a flow, rock on the other hand is off beat.

This is utter nonsense. Most rock has good beat and flow, while rap does not. I have heard enough of rap to distinguish this. I can't understand almost anything in rap. In rock there is much more then screaming your head off (and most rock isn't like that). Rock requires far more talent then rap... while rap can be done by almost anyone. Slayer is right.. all these rap artists complain about their supposed poverty while they have millions.

Rap might require less effort, but it's still nice sometimes.... I love the song Lose Yourself by Eminem for example.

Rap is Silly

I like something with a dreadful beat, you know those crazy 80s Funk things that are being doubled up recently. Its quite nice - if Classical FM has nothing good on at least.

The only "funk" song I like is "Low Rider" by WAR. Classic song, too.

Back
Top Bottom