Star Wars vs Star Trekk

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha yeah that's a great episode. I love all the ending episodes - they're continuously great. Picard in Three Timeframes, Janeway in Two, great Battle Ending in Deep Space Nine. Never seen the end of the Original Series but its probably good.

Dax... Seven... that other Dax... T'Pol... lol, classic.

Personally I like the Enterprise E... which is sweet, the Dauntless from that Slipstream Episode looks damn fine, the Prometheus is just plain great, Voyager kitted out at the end is very nice. The Defiant never ceases to do something great. They're just all very nice ships. Star Wars ships aren't nice, they're all useless Fantasy Ships. The Enterprise and others are what we would build given the chance. The Enteprise in the Enterprise Series looks dreadfully like what we would build much closer to now.

WHen I first saw the warp nacelles, I was like "what the crap was that thing sticking out like that?" Now I realize the purpose and why it stretches out that far. It is a logical design because the ship never lands anyways. Aerodynamics in space doesn't matter, but the new Enterprise make it look like it does. Sweet looking. The Enterprise E is the most powerful of all the previous Enterprise. It is smaller than the Enterprise D, but it is faster and more equipped as a warship type vessel.

Paramount or someone need to revamp Star Trek the Next Generation with the Enterprise E, but have a new younger crew to take over the ship. Keep some older ones to make the transition less painful. Yeah, the endings of each series were greatly written. Emotional and allow us to have hope. Star Trek's been around for a very long time and I hope the tradition does not fall.

TRDCorolla1 said:
Paramount or someone need to revamp Star Trek the Next Generation with the Enterprise E, but have a new younger crew to take over the ship. Keep some older ones to make the transition less painful. Yeah, the endings of each series were greatly written. Emotional and allow us to have hope. Star Trek's been around for a very long time and I hope the tradition does not fall.
I have been wondering what the next Film is going to be about. It can't really be able Next Generation, nor about Enterprise... maybe they'll wait for Enterprise to finish in order to make another film.

Enterprise only has a few more episodes I believe. I've been waiting to hear news too about the next film. I'm pretty sure they will, but with what cast huh? The TNG cast is getting too old and last I heard, they broke up and went their own ways in Starfleet. I can't believe I missed the last episode of Enterprise. Was the treaty ever signed to form The United Federation of Planets? I know they were going to do it in the previous episodes. I will make it my priority to watch it this Friday night at 8pm. Must assign an alarm to my PDA to remind me.

Oh my freaking god, I just downloaded Star Trek First Contact. The best movie ever. If you want to get your adrenaline pumping, this is the one to see. Especially towards the beginning of the movie where the federation fleet engages the Borg. That was awesome how they worked together to slaughter that ridiculous, useless piece of scrap metal called the Borg.

I think we need to all just sit back and realize how much we have to learn about humanity. After watching Star Trek First Contact, I view us as a truly primitive society with so much to accomplish and I'm not talking about technology wise. This movie brings a very touching point about humanity and those that have seen this movie and are fans of it will understand what I mean. Watch it again and you will see the point it is trying to bring out.

We are so enraged in money, greed, power that we forget to realize that humanity have to evolve beyond that. We need to accomplish a common goal so all our future generations will prosper and continue to better ourselves. So many domestic issues comes up such as poverty, violence, substance abuse, stealing, "everyone for themselves" mentality, and who know what else I missed. Will there ever be hope to rid these negative conditions of mankind? Can our government change and have long term visions for the future? Let us hope one day we can change.

Back
Top Bottom