FirefoxVsMs Internet Explorer

LK, have any screenshots? I highly doubt that it will be better then Firefox 1.1, which comes out in May.

Firefox all the way!!!
I've also made the switch to Thunderbird for email. The only thing I miss from Microsoft Outlook is the calander.....but now there's Mozilla Sunbird! :)

I have no screenshots thus far because its not planned for Beta release until lat July :D But its before Longhorn, which was unexpected. Also means Microsoft realise the problems of leaving it.

Because its based on Longhorn Technology :D Indigo, Avalon, all of which will have been in Public Beta by that point already. Then there's that Firefox and MSN Explorer and the amazing Browser Technology Growth is a good standpoint to bring out their new release - over what? 5 years after Internet Explorer 6 was released. If Internet Explorer 6 is still doing well against Bugs 5 Years since its initial release - it stands to reason anything Microsoft makes now is going to be just as forward thinking (in fact moreso - as the Internet since 2001 has growth exponentially and Viruses in the same way, so for it to have lasted so long is a testament to the brilliance of it at release). So we have to expect it to be 3, 4 years ahead of Firefox. 10 Years ahead of Safari and Opera. Then I expect we'll also see MSN Explorer 10 soon after based on the Longhorn Technologies.

Yes, but IE HASN'T been doing good. You might say it, because you know how to use a computer and how to prevent viruses, but for the general public, it's allowed huge ammounts of viruses through....

Ah yes however

Perfectly put as always :D

It's. It has allowed huge amounts of viruses through. Per day of its use and Users of it, how many more Viruses has it allowed in than Firefox? I would theorise the same, if not less.

Then you have to consider it was built in 2000, debugged in 2001, and released for an internet not even a tenth the size of it now.

It's microsofts problem for not updating fast enough. They definately have the power to make it the most secure browser..... but they don't, because they can't set their priorities right.....

Their priorities cannot be Internet Explorer, ever basically. Windows, Office, Visual Studio. IIS, ASPX, Support, Learning, Windows Media, and Internet Explorer all have to have a priority. It can't be top, it can't be high. What would be right?

It will be interesting what happens over the summer - with all the Longhorn stuff going Beta.

ie, you have to get all these plugins and you can't use pc pitstop, panda virus scanner, trendmicro etc. etc. plus good luck getting your favorites back to ie.

Back
Top Bottom