Ram

djvbond

In Runtime
Is there a software test or somthing like that, that can tell me how much and what Type of RAM I have of the computer

asset navigator from alloy software will tell you everything about your computer.
installed software, and all hardware, down to RAM type and CPU core etc...

Some RAM sticks don't have that on them. nTune will find it for you. It will even allow you to OC the RAM etc from Windows, even your processor.

OC'ing ram isn't always the smartest idea.. I mean, some motherboards won't take it too well, and if you manage to get two different speeds on two sticks, you're in trouble.. But yeah, I guess your idea works here.

Doesn't cpuz tell u it aswell!! Oh and i think ntune is only supported by certain mobo's!

This brings out a fact that many computer need to identify what type of ram they have in BIOS. I seriously think this is a software flaw that the type of DRAM you have is not shown. However, i'll download this program and check it out.

It's important to know what type of RAM you have. Many dealers sell systems with 400 Mhz bus mobo and install 266 Mhz RAM. If you are going to buy a system, these are the two most important parts; mobo bus speed and RAM speed. Don't buy if the RAM are slower than the bus speed, and check if the mobo have OC capabilities.
Software wise, it is always more important to initially make sure to know what hardware you have.

Back
Top Bottom