spyware protection

BEST JD TCR

In Runtime
It all happened about two days, when I seen that my computer was running low on ram-and web-sites I recently viewed kept popping up. Then I pushed ctrl>alt>del to see what was taking all my (256mb total) ram, so before my vary own eyes-I seen a program that said tool-bar-helper (something dumb like that to cover its tracks). Then I went to msconfig to try to unchecked it (so it would not run), that didn't work; and I couldn't delete it because, it was running (you cant delete something that is running). So that's when it hit me-go into the registry and, (ill tell details later, just listen)went to the run-key; then I made it, where all permissions were denied.

Now this is what you do (with 1 screen name)step by step.

go to run type (regedit).
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
right click run (now that you have all programs running you want)then click permissions, then deny all. Then uncheck (inherit from parent the permissions entries that apply to child objects.). What this does is makes the system not accept any more run commands, don't get me wrong you can run programs; but not startup programs that are not selected before this more or less hack.

kewl :D

Are you sure that wouldn't cause some kind of damage to the way windows runs things?

To delete spyware I just tend to use "Search and Destroy", seems to work for me.

I don't know too much about the Windows Registry to comment on this bit of tampering, but sounds like it might be good :)

*KaGe*

you can still run startup programs, but you need to first have the programs running before you do this more or less hack.

this hack only appleys to startup programs.
so you can install all the programs you want. when you want to put a different startup program in (virus protect), set permissions to allow.

remember: spyware only works if it is running.

Back
Top Bottom