When are faster dvd burners coming out??

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
when are the dvd burners gonna go up from 16x. i wanna buy one, but im stuck, because i don't wanna buy it and then two weeks later 48x comes out, LOL

does anyone have an idea??

thanks

i dont think they will jump to 48x that quickly, more like 24x. but that could be soon and theyll probablly be an arm and a leg..

but is it worth buying a 16x now and keeping it for around 3 years??

can anyone with a 16x burner tell me how long it takes to burn an average 7 GB DVD Movie or something else that can give me an idea

thanks

i use dvdshrink to make backups, and it always rips to the hd first, so i also would like to know how fast it rips to the hard drive for lets say a 7 GB Movie

thanks

well I usually use 1x or 2x, so I make sure I get all the info and nothing is skipped, (But i burn games so the data is very important!)

the fastest your going to want to burn a movie at is 8x and even that can be to much. I usually use 4x but if im in a hurry I go to 8. I would never suggest going higher then 8x for burnin a movie or you will get some crazy skipping.

well, i havent seen any dvd's that are more than 4.2 gigs, but a 3.1 gig file at 4x takes about 20 mins

Back
Top Bottom