PSU 12V rail question!!

crayzboost

In Runtime
hey again guys, i ordered the aspire turbo case 500w psu yesterday here. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-148-006&depa=0

but before i hook it up i wanted to address some questions i have on hooking up the GFX card to its own 12v rail like some people have said to do.

well it doesnt say in the PSU specs how many 12v rails is has but by the pics im guessing 2.

so if i hook my GFX card to its own rail is it safe for everything else to be running off the other 12v rail? it doesnt seem like it would be.

just trying to see how others here have their PSU rails running.

Hi,

I didn't know that there was a 12 volt rail. I needed to connect a seperate supply to my video card too, but my PSU just had loads of cables to connect.

I don't know for sure, but isn't the 12 volt cables branched off to loads, to split voltages for other components?

I might be wrong
*KaGe*

I'm not quite sure wat u mean , the 12v rail on that psu is rated at 34A!!! It has 8 molex connectors ur graphics card only uses one of those!!

i thought i read a post that the vid card should be on its own rail, you know how you have two sets of four. maybe i misread.

Back
Top Bottom