FirefoxVsMs Internet Explorer

It has been proven that IE loads pages faster than Firefox. The proof showed little difference, so little difference there is no way to realize they load slower.

But I choose firefox because of the choices of plugins and other features

Yeah, when you load the first page it loads kinda slow, but I don't really mind.

Firefox by a mile frankly, security alone it slaps IE to pieces. Why else would they remake IE completely scheduled for this summer IE 7 release for more security, which they claim, isn't to compensate for FF's superiority but merely technological advances. Tabbed browsing is simple genius. MS must be kicking themselves they didn't think of that.. (I would say first, but you still can't so..). I personally am using Netscape 7.2 atm as it's a full package. Although now FF 1.0 is out I plan to switch to that and thunderbird soon. I formerly used mozillas browser too so I'm definately 'in their camp' as it were. As for the first page loading slowly, surely thats either a) The RMS feature checking for updates of your bookmarks when you start it. Or b) you're deleting your history and offline content so it has to download from scratch each time. Obviously on Broadband thats milliseconds difference. But on my 64k I'd expect something like that to be the issue, and frankly for the extras that FireFox provides along with everything else that's better than IE. They have a long way to go to catch up. They claim its harder to use, I taught my mum how to use it and she just plays Spider and Freecell, no offence. FireFox is god, IE just isn't up to scratch and they've finally realised patches aren't gonna do the trick and they're remaking. Lets ask this question again after IE 7 and see what happens. You never know, MS might pull something decent out that deserves credit, as for now, noone (other than that lone voter up there who I noticed hasn't posted their reason) could really believe, a MS follower or not, that IE is better than FireFox.

I'm going to standout on this one and go with Internet Explorer. I never had a problem with IE and been using it since the creation of it. Unless something horrible goes wrong with Microsoft's version, I will switch to another web browser. My Norton software and continuous Windows Updates help keep my PC safe.

fire fox for me loads all pages faster than IE, plus the tabbing as stated b4 totally pwns, so i dun ahve to deal with all those other bs windows, plus i dont get pop ups, and i dun need a pop up blocker, which is nice

Back
Top Bottom