MS and Apple Joining Forces ?

Re: MS and Apple Joining Forces ? Poll!

zero4zero said:
Microsoft in the past helped competitors so they would have challenge [they bought a large amount of shares off Corel, producers of Wordperfect]. They are in spyware business, defragmentation business, browser, word processing business and didn't they copy/clone their initial operation system off a certain OS2 Warp! from you know who.
no, the whole Windows Icons Menus Pointers concept was actually invented by Xerox.

everybody else coppied them.

zero4zero said:
Microsoft in the past helped competitors so they would have challenge [they bought a large amount of shares off Corel, producers of Wordperfect]. They are in spyware business, defragmentation business, browser, word processing business and didn't they copy/clone their initial operation system off a certain OS2 Warp! from you know who.
Haha. Windows was more a copy is Mac than OS2 Warp; luckily Apple stole it from Xerox (or some crazy word to that end) so they didn't manage to sue.

The Software from Mac is generally very stylish - if you like nice Gradients :D Which I do of course - being a big fan of MSN Explorer and MSN Messenger 7, both seem to be tending towards the graphical theory which the Mac Team at Microsoft already use.

Well, XP definately is not GUI advanced... you can't make windows transparent.. IE is extremely blunt and boring.. I mean.. even Slackware comes with like 6 GUI's that you can choose from.

my theory is this...
Linux has some visually stuning desktops, there is more than one desktop manager, so you needn't be stuck in a rut,
But, when I use Linux, I generally do it from a command line interface.
What I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter how pretty an aplication is if it doesn't work very well.

.....from you know who.
Most know Microsoft did not invent much, just borrowed! BUt if your a programmer, if your software mends up with there software,,,,,its' becomes Microsoft.
Microsoft in the Eve of having an apple!

I dont completely understand that... are you saying they're going to buy Apple soon?

XP GUI was dreadfully advanced in 2001 :D At the time it was amazing. Even now XP supports Transparent Windows and such like - its in the GUI and the Code Base.

Longhorn I'm sure will pull this into the System more; as its become something people want but there will naturally be more from Avalon than we can see in Operating Systems now. Have you not checked out some of the Avalon Samples and Testers?

No... Microsoft's GUI is not the best... I just like Mac better because of its GUI:the dock at the bottom, the taskbar at the top, and such. I think you can be more productive in that set up.
I like the "whiteness" of Mac. Mac, in my opinion, is more sleek, smooth and stylish than the Windows GUI.

Mac's other features like system-wide spell checking, built-in voice recognition (You have to buy software for Win), and other neat bells and whistles make Mac a "computer explorers" dream.

Sometimes I wish you could multi-boot Windows and
Mac...
BTW... Microsoft has no plans to buy Apple...
~BRN
(I guess I'm an elipsess freak!...)

brn said:
No... Microsoft's GUI is not the best... I just like Mac better because of its GUI:the dock at the bottom, the taskbar at the top, and such. I think you can be more productive in that set up.
I like the "whiteness" of Mac. Mac, in my opinion, is more sleek, smooth and stylish than the Windows GUI.)

Too bad Mac OSX is totally useless... and you mention it being a "computer explorers" dream.. anybody with some common sense would realize paying more for less isn't a good idea. That's what you get with a Mac and why Mac holds below 2% of the market.

Back
Top Bottom