Unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's unrealistic to extect a moderator not to have an opinion,

so do you sugest it would be better if moderators had two accounts, then they could post as a user and moderate anonymously seemingly unattached to any opinion?

Slayer said:
Totally agree, but at the same time, I feel that Moderators shouldn't let their views/feelings on the particular subject get in the way of making a fair decision.
basically you mean taking sides making unfair decisions becouse one user might be there friend and the other not

for example, this is just an example nothing against you

if say athlonFX got into a fight with say Gian or Rakedog, Mr mixx would most likely take althons side as there very good friends

now what out of that seems fair?

root said:
it's unrealistic to extect a moderator not to have an opinion,

so do you sugest it would be better if moderators had two accounts, then they could post as a user and moderate anonymously seemingly unattached to any opinion?

Re-read my post. Everyone has opinions, I know that and so do you. I'm not saying a Moderator shouldn't have an opinion on a subject at all, it's a free world and anyone should be able to have their say.

I just feel that Moderators shouldn't let their opinion on the matter get in the way of their decision. For example, locking an anti-Bush thread because they're a Bush supporter. Get me? :)

Root, the difference is I actually provide evidence for my arguments. Anti-Bush threads.. those are a riot.

did I mention your name?
I said that the problem was widespread...

I'd rather bury the hatchet with you and stop makin myself look like a twat with these argument where we argue over the simplest of details...

Slayer I realise what you mean, but what I was suggesing is that if moderators had a seperate account then when a thread was locked it woud be locked more anonymously...
that would save threads like these, which errupted into fights ased on members personal opinions of moderators.
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=9875
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=9934

it wouldn't be the case that people woul feel a thread was locked because of a persons personal opinions.
for example there were at least two anti bush threadsthat were locked following extensive arguing between me and Giancarlo. (the irony of course being that we both though bush was the man for the job!)

I'm only reluctantly for Bush.. I have problems with many of his beliefs... but he's better then any democrat out there. We argue on philosophical differneces mostly.

Giancarlo u used to be really cool on the forums- if you dont agree with someones well come on thats there own opinion! I hope things just calm down around here

Look, I kept my cool.. but people turned up the heat and started attacking me personally, and I was not about to roll over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom