MS and Apple Joining Forces ?

Re: MS and Apple Joining Forces ? Poll!

Apple isn't growing exponentially anyways. Besides a growing part of Apple's revenue is the Ipod. That should be of some concern because it overshadows poor growth in Apple's computing market.

the other concerning thing about that is they have had to take the IPOD to the fourth generation of the product nutill most of the serious bugs have been ironed out!!!

would you seriously buy a computer knowing it'll tke three years, and four product revision (with no substantial upgrade) before he product actually works as promised?

Or would you buy the Mac-Mini.. packed with 1999 era technology like the ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB?

with a UK pricetage of £339 for a 1.25GHz and £398 for a 1.4GHz (with no monitor!) I wouldn't buy it.

the technolgy is old, that applications are lacking,
buying a PC is cheaper, and you get a greater range of applications.
also on the chance that it does start to feel slow, ou can upgrade it yourself.
something you STILL cannot do with a mac!

Besides if you want a small form factor there is microATX or even the newer one.. I forget which one.. but it is smaller then the mini-mac. Also after you buy the monitor, keyboard and mouse your looking at about $650-$700 USD. To supply it with better goods it will go up to $1,200 USD. Then at that point it would be stupid to buy it because it is a G4.

Like I said in AMD's apple thread.. why the hell do you want a mac mini? A laptop is far far far more practical.

You want it if you're an Apple Fan and must have an Apple - if you're a rich bugger who is obsessed with style - or if you're crazy and think Apple's are really fast and powerful.

Microsoft in the past helped competitors so they would have challenge [they bought a large amount of shares off Corel, producers of Wordperfect]. They are in spyware business, defragmentation business, browser, word processing business and didn't they copy/clone their initial operation system off a certain OS2 Warp! from you know who.

Lord Kalthorn said:
You want it if you're an Apple Fan and must have an Apple - if you're a rich bugger who is obsessed with style - or if you're crazy and think Apple's are really fast and powerful.

Look I'm obsessed with style, and the Mac Mini is anything but stylish. It's ugly.

Well as you see from my avatar, I'm personally a Linux fan.. in fact deleted my Win XP 64 beta from my server last night and installed slackware 10.. runs great!

Back
Top Bottom