Hoping to buy new parts today!

but it doesnt mean its going away, socket A and socket 754 and many others are still around and popular...

Socket 939 definitly isnt going away

yes but ppl like zen will have to have to have the new socket, and they will abandon 939 just like they did socket A when 754 came out.

why would mobo manufactures and amd build cpus that dont make them much profit?

why not nforce 4? and zoomtm what you are saying is just dumb. First of all even if a new socket comes out (theres already socket 940) its not just like no one is going to be using 939 like some other guys say.

Besides if you get to the point new things are coming out just about every day and its impossible to have the latest of everthing. Why wait 4 more months for summer when you can get a great motherboard now?

i didnt say that..some ppl are going to be using it..but why buy a interface when a new one is coming out in a few months...thats like buying the best agp card before pciexpress comes out in a week kinda dumb to me

but when it comes out the prices will be jacked!!

and right now they aren't so bad an you can get a sweet system for pretty cheap.

I would still get an nForce 4 or 3

first of all a week is alot different then a few monthes... and i would still suggest getting the 939 socket its not going to be that much of a difference. I dont even see why your telling people to delay buying a computer because a new socket will come out. A new socket will always come out and new CPUS will always come out etc.

we all have our opinions, its just like everyone started to buy the 754cpus and then not too soon later the 939 came out, then they buy the 939, next they will buy the next socket coming out in a few months? why waste money when you can just buy the best one that is coming out and is staying for a while and not just a few months...

and acb i bet you will be one of those people that will be buying into the marketing scams...

Hi,

Thats weird, i thought 939 was the new socket, jus like 754 was before.... It won't bother me that much I guess but I just thought I'd go for 939, instead of 754 as a socket because it would last longer if i wanted a new CPU later on lol... so is that 100mhz supposed increase on the Winchester and less power comsumption still worth the extra 40 quid?...

Nforce? I'm not exactly sure of what that is in motherboard terms, is it something to do with pciE?

I have recently bought a AGP card anyway (ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb), and so wouldn't want to go with a Express card now, and at the moment, they don't exactly give much in terms of extra power...

As long as they have new graphic cards in about 2 years with AGP, i'll be fine, and if they actually made motherboards with AGP and PCIE, i'd be more inclined to go towards that!

I wouldn't update for another few years anyways, thats why i wanted to build an excellent system now, to bury this Socket A motherboard/CPU i've had in here for 3 years (edits lol out..didn't see that announcement *cough*). This should last the same if not more.

Thanks
*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom