Power problem

Andy641

Beta member
I recently upgraded to Amd 64 So I put my ecs k7s5a v 1.0 with AMD duron 1 Ghz cpu into a case I had it equiped with a treetek 300 w power supply
My problem is when I go to boot up it doesn't turn on unless I unplug the power cable from the back of the power supply then plug it back in.
This only needs to be done if the system has been turn off for a little while like an hour or so.
After the system boots up everything runs perfect any help would be appreciated thanks

ecs k7s5a v 1.0
AMD duron 1 Ghz with Thermaltake HSF
2x256 pc2100 DDR ram
treetek 300 w power supply
Geforse mx 400d t64 Video card
Maxtor 40 G IDE hard drive
16x Sony DVD ROM
Floppy drive
80 mm case fan

Hi,

Theres something wrong with the power supply there... You should get a replacement.

I don't know much about PSU's but maybe that time thing is something to do with the capacitors storing power for a bit?

Definetly go for a replacement though, you shouldn't have to put up with that

*KaGe*

Definitely a power supply problem. Do you have a printer, scanner, other USB devices hooked up to your PC? Also do you have many hard disks in your system and a powerful video card that consumes a lot of energy. At startup, there is a peak demand for power which may only last a second or so, and once the devices gets rolling the power consumption levels off.
You mention that this happens only when your system is cool; why don't you set your PC power mode to shut down your monitor, hard disk, standby mode. This way you may not have to go throught this unplugging sequence. That or get a bigger power supply to meet your powering on demand.

power supply problem

I think I should get a new power supply because the peak demand is probably the cause. The case and power supply worked fine before I installed the ecs k7s5a motherboard, I had an older motherboard with a P2 350 CPU the system started up everytime. I do have a scanner and usb controller maybe I will try to unplug them to see what happens.
Thanks for your help.

i dont think its the psu, those specs shouldnt be taking up all that power..i once had a similar problem, make sure that the ram is in correctly

power supply

Just checked the RAM it's installed OK while I was there booted up And work fine because I turned it off just about 20 minutes ago If I wait a about an hour or so it probably will not boot unless I unplug from wall it seems strange to me. Maybe it has to do with static electricity when I unplug and plug back it discharges, I dont know just just a thought.

ecs k7s5a v 1.0
AMD duron 1 Ghz with Thermaltake HSF
2x256 pc2100 DDR ram
treetek 300 w power supply
Geforse mx 400d t64 Video card
Maxtor 40 G IDE hard drive
16x Sony DVD ROM
Floppy drive
80 mm case fan

Maybe, but I would not know where to start looking for something like that but thanks for your help anyway.

Back
Top Bottom