Desktop vs. Labtop for programming help!

turtleboy267

Beta member
hey everyone im just starting to get into programming (specifically vb.net and some c++). i am going to get my own computer very soon, but i need some help. at first, i was going to build a custom computer- a p4 3.2ghz HT with 1g of RAM. the whole bundle was goign to cost me 550 dollars. but then my dad suggested that i buy a labtop cuz it would be ezier to carry around. my parents are divorced, so if i got the desktop, i could only keep it at one house. but if i got a labtop, i could take it to both and be coding a lot more. the only downside to a labtop is that they cost so much money. all this money is coming from my bank acct too, not my parents. so if u would reccoment a labtop any suggestions for ones taht would be good for programming? oh btw i would like a labtop with centrino technology and preferably HP. thanks

Well, whatever you buy, make sure to verify the internet connection you will have access where you will be going because it's won't be any good for you to buy wireless products if you don't have wireless access. Also buy a laptop that will meet your needs (disk space, RAM, video etc.)
Finally if you are going to be into programming, go for the laptops with adequate keyboard, some laptops have keyboards which are so small, your fingers stick together. Screen wise, make sure you get a good viewing angle screen.

Back
Top Bottom