XP activation fails

Klasse

Beta member
When I logon Xp tells me that I must activate, I choose Yes and a new message tells me that XP is already activated and there's only one ckoice for me and I click OK and I'm logged out.
Is there anyone that can help me with some hints?

See My brother for college got an xp for gateway laptops only i installed on my hp desktop and it gave me 30 days to activate and told me it had already been activated and then after 30 days it kicked me off

Computergen said:
See My brother for college got an xp for gateway laptops only i installed on my hp desktop and it gave me 30 days to activate and told me it had already been activated and then after 30 days it kicked me off

lol, why does Microsoft do that, lol, they should make it as easy as Windows 98 to use :p

I had the very same problem, and what I did, was quite simply to call micrososft to retrieve and use this weird key they give you, and it's all automatic, done by a machine! ;)

when you click "activate windows", enter "activate via telephone" and call up to this "machine" to retreive this key, green number which means it's free :)

mmm

either that or get a crack or somthing from a P2P network... But watch out for viruses :)

i think the problem is that he got a crack from a p2p network.

I had this same problem, because the crack didn't work properly, it only got rid of the small keys icon that was at the bottom of the screen.
It allowed you to use windows as if it were registered, (e.g allowed to join a domain), but after 30 days it broke...
My solution was that I had to re-install...

setting back the clock in the bios did give me a few more days, (but I was restoring from a ghost image so I don't know if this will work after the activation period is realised to be expired)...

Phoning Microsoft didn't work, because when the dialogue says do you want to activate now, I pressed OK, it says it's already activated and logs out!

Well i have figured a way to shut that activation alert off so it will never ask you that again, but since that it is illegal, i won't be telling anyone about it....sorry rules.

Back
Top Bottom