Linux vs windows?

Actually this discussion is becoming kind of pointless. The GNU/Linux supporters will support GNU/Linux no matter what and the same goes for the Windows supporters.

I wouldn't say so. But im sure that there are more GNU/Linux die-hard supporters than that for Windows.

shame there arn't more like me who get the best of both worlds by having a foot in both camps...

IMHO using both lets you make the best choice over which is more suitable for any given task.

There are probably many like you as well, root. But in my opinion its better to focus on one OS.

You become Neutral if you don't have a team :D You know what happened to the Muses and such like that didn't side with God or the Devil in the War ;)

There probably are more Linux Followers (for want of a better word) than Microsoft Followers. Doesn't make the Odds any different :D

I think that by concerntraiting solely on one you lose the benefits of another...

e.g. if you say Linux is best because it has the best web server,
then you miss some of the best games that only come out on windows....

If you say open office is best because you can publish straight to PDF without a third party distiller then you miss out on the version/change tracking features of microsoft office...

I've not yet fuond a clear cut answer as to which is best...
certainly I could not use one solely without loosing some of the vital features another provides...
(I know all of the examples I posted can be imlpemented on each other system, but it's usually badly)

Back
Top Bottom