Having No Internet Is Evil!

Charchris

Fully Optimized
:( I've got everything on my other com but it doesn't wanna connect to the net.... I did reinstalled the drivers and then it worked for a while :eek: then when i restarted it doesn't work any more!!I think it said

Error:633 (Or something like that)
The device is not working or connected properly

Then i check out what it meant and it said that something but be using the port, anyone know whatthe problem is?

Is your modem working? Same thing happened to me, my activity light and internet was working, how ever i could not do anything....it happened after i did a windows spyware scan and deleted the files....i had to reformat

I'm on 56K and JUST reformated.... when i did connect i could load up webapges an do everything normally but this starts happening and i can't even connect at all

Charchris said:
:( I've got everything on my other com but it doesn't wanna connect to the net.... I did reinstalled the drivers and then it worked for a while !!:eek: then when i restarted it doesn't work any more!!I think it said

Error:633 (Or something like that)
The device is not working or connected properly

Then i check out what it meant and it said that something but be using the port, anyone know whatthe problem is?
you said you re-installed the driver's for it, how did you do it, while windows wwas running....try this

bootup to windows, uninstall the driver's for your modem/Lan, Then go to your pre-fetch folder in the windows folder...

now restart the comp. when your computer boots back up, it will detect the modem/Lan and reinstall the driver's automatically...

what do i do at the pre-fetch folder? What i did before was uninstall teh drivers and install the new drivers while windows was running, and i'm no in America i use www.xtra.co.nz and it seems to work on this come but i will try Mixxs idea soon

Ok i restarted and it seemed to work... but if i leave it for a while after starting up without connecting then it doesn't want to

Did you try pinging your modem to see if it responses? Or doing a modem test.(I've been on broadband for such a long time now that I forgot the real terms).

Back
Top Bottom