installing operating system

pifan

Baseband Member
I am nnew to playing around with computers but here goes .
I just received two hewlert packard computers mod vectra vl420 dt.
i installed 98 se on them but the audio doesent work it sais that it cannot find the driver ffor it by the way i dont have any of the origonal discs for these machines ive tried the hp web site with no luckcould any of you give me any advice i thought of buying a card and installing it in a pci slot but trhat would be too easy i can reformat if you think that will help maybee

Audio driver is on the motherboard cd that should have come with the computer. If u dont have the cd then go to the mobo website and see if u can d/l it there.

I've been trying all morning it is a p4b-mx motherboard i get to there web sight and from there i get confused what am i looking for exactly

by the way i like this quick reply feature .
is the clock off time on the site or just what im vewing

I have never had to download an audio driver from the company website, so i am not exactly sure what it is that u should be looking for. What manufacturer is ur mobo and are u sure u have onboard audio? The download should sy something about audio.
The clock is set in ur preferences to ur timezone, i am not sure where it is that u r from. Its probably server time +- certain amount of hours depending on which timezone you choose.

EASY CHIEF! I NEVER HAD AN HP BEFORE, HOW THE H3LL SHOULD I KNOW WHATS IN THERE. Next time just give the help and save the comments for ur momma!

just to let you know i got the sound working on both of them i didnt know you had to open the files of the drivers see even old dogs need to learn new things

Back
Top Bottom