opengl error?

ok when a said all drivers and software i was looking for the term unified! its the unified drivers i got! also got latest ones for ma mainboard at time (cause chipset nvidia!)
unified driver can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93
and it says there

Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support

hope this works, sorry if it dont

Jay

yeah, thts what got me fixed. that and the latest motherboard drivers. what mainboard you have?

not an nvidia one, whenever i try to update drivers abnout %0% way thru installation it says "setup failed to initialize display installer" or somethin like that, then it just continues

ok i'm out of ideas. i'm gonna try downloading the full service pack 2 and install that

well i've worked out the problem just need to find a solution.The card uses the generic drivers even when i install the latest nvidia display drivers?? it never used to do this, this makes a noticable difference in texture quality on some levels in half life 2 and also means i have no opengl support. i've uninstalled the drivers completely with driver cleaner, reinstalled the Aopen disc then installed the latest nvidia driver but still no luck. I have noticed about 45% through nvidia driver installation it comes up with the mesage "windows could not load the installer for display. Please contact hardware vendor for assistance". It also came up with the same message about 20% through installing the Aopen cd ( cd card came with )

ok i have fixed it, it was service pack 2. after uninstalling it and updating my card everythin works fine. thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom