Who should host the 2012 Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re read my post...

I said
think spanish supporters making monkey noises at black players is pretty racist...

Spain is not a racist country, but there is a small population of people there that are racist

Perhaps you should spend a little more time at your "One of the top universities in the US" (based in west hollywood?) studyng your BA degree...

perhaps they could teach you to read english, I'm assuming it's not your first language...

also, play fair, turn on your ability to recieve private messages, it's just not good cricket to send nasty messages and not allow a response.

root said:
Re read my post...

I said

Perhaps you should spend a little more time at your "One of the top universities in the US" (based in west hollywood?) studyng your BA degree...

perhaps they could teach you to read english, I'm assuming it's not your first language...

also, play fair, turn on your ability to recieve private messages, it's just not good cricket to send nasty messages and not allow a response.

Look, how does this disqualify Spain as a country? I again bring into London into question as there is the racist BNP... using that logic.

Perhaps I should spend a little more time? Do me a favor, don't be an idiot. Thanks in advance.

You should understand how to read english. I know english. I'm fluent in the language. It is not my first language, but that does not degrade the quality of my english in any effect.

I'm not turning on my ability to receive private messages. Don't need you to send spam to me anymore.

Edit: Also my location says near West Hollywood. If your dyslexia is acting up again, that does not mean I'm based in west hollywood. Use your brain for once.

I wasn't saying that it does make Spain a racist country.
I was merely pointing out the reason Mal suggested spain was a racist country.
In addition to the behaviour of the fans there was very little official action to prevent this from happening again. in other words the actions of the supporters was condoned.

I'll do you a favour by not being an idiot, in return you could perhaps try to do the same?

You can't say Spain is a racist country, in fact nobody can say that. Nor can Mal. Why? Because using the same logic I could say Britain is a racist country because of the BNP. The actions of the supporters was condoned? Again more uneducated crap from root.

I'm no idiot. I'm highly intelligent. Whereas you aren't.

no, you are stupid, you proove that each time you try to convince yourself otherwise by saying things like that.

you also no nothing about this inncident that you are talking about...
there was no official action by the spanish footballing body to even condem the behaviour of the racist fans until it was forced by the british press.

I'm not saying, and have not said that spain is a racist country, I said a small minority of Spanish football supporters are racist, and their actions are left unchecked by a large majority of authority figures, who do little to condem their actions and even less to stop them.

For someone who claims to know so much about predudice you are being very ignorant to the issues surrounding people.

I believe that the BNP are dispicable, the difference between the BNP and the racist spanish football supporters is that the BNP is publically shunned and shamed, and on frequent occasion arrested (under antisocial laws) and improssoned for displaying their racist behaviours. whilst spanish football supporters are not.

root said:
no, you are stupid, you proove that each time you try to convince yourself otherwise by saying things like that.

you also no nothing about this inncident that you are talking about...
there was no official action by the spanish footballing body to even condem the behaviour of the racist fans until it was forced by the british press.

Oh the moronism continues yet again.. unabated by root. Again you need to get off your own delusions and move on. There is no official action against the BNP (which is let to do what it wants). So yes according to your logic Britain is a racist country.

I'm not saying, and have not said that spain is a racist country, I said a small minority of Spanish football supporters are racist, and their actions are left unchecked by a large majority of authority figures, who do little to condem their actions and even less to stop them.

Their is something called freedom of speech. They can be openly racist because that is freedom of speech. That's their right. They can't be punished for having beliefs. I dislike racism as it is wrong and immoral, but it isn't in my right to say people should be silenced. Being racist is not against the law, unfortunately.

For someone who claims to know so much about predudice you are being very ignorant to the issues surrounding people.

Oh another stupid root statement.. not backed up at all. You are the ignorant one you little brat. I actually study this every day.

and on frequent occasion arrested (under antisocial laws) and improssoned for displaying their racist behaviours. whilst spanish football supporters are not.

Like it or not, launching crackdowns on people for being racist is not showing your country is very strong in its democratic traditions. You stoop down to the level of the racists.

Now, you are the moron...
There is no action against the BNP because it is a political party, there is however action against it's members when they get 'out of control'

as someone who studies social issues everyday you must know that britain has no democratic traditions!
thats a who part of the reason that the original pilgrims left for america to seek freedoms that were not available in britain. britain was traditionally an impirical monarchy.

protecting the individuality of others, who are not from your nation is not the same as encroaching on freedom of speech.
freedom to live away from intimidation at the hands of racists is far more important than...

if you inslult a police officer you will be arrested, In britain we are more worried about being able to pass laws to live in harmony with our neibours, than we are doing things the american way eg, making freedom of speech a way to allow people to say whatever they like, and allowing every kids aspire to own a gun and shoot people...

if you truely believe in free speech (at any cost) then why did you complain when you were told that you would go to hell for being Gay? that was well within that persons (american legal) right to religious beliefs and freedom, and well within their right to free speech to say it allowed, even knowing it would offend you...

root said:
Now, you are the moron...

I'm not the moron. Sorry to break the wall down but you need to understand the facts...

as someone who studies social issues everyday you must know that britain has no democratic traditions!
thats a who part of the reason that the original pilgrims left for america to seek freedoms that were not available in britain. britain was traditionally an impirical monarchy.

Well I thought it was the 21st century and Britain had some sense. Besides, Britain has been a parliamentary monarch for a long time.

protecting the individuality of others, who are not from your nation is not the same as encroaching on freedom of speech.
freedom to live away from intimidation at the hands of racists is far more important than...

As long as these racists do not put their beliefs into action it is their right to voice them. You cannot silence people you don't like, or you stoop down to their level of hatred.

In britain we are more worried about being able to pass laws to live in harmony with our neibours, than we are doing things the american way eg, making freedom of speech a way to allow people to say whatever they like, and allowing every kids aspire to own a gun and shoot people...

Living in harmony with your neighbors (learn how to spell)? Oh really? So you silence people who you don't like? That's not the way you do things. In the US people are allowed to voice whatever opinion they want (in the terms it does not cause violence).

if you truely believe in free speech (at any cost) then why did you complain when you were told that you would go to hell for being Gay? that was well within that persons (american legal) right to religious beliefs and freedom, and well within their right to free speech to say it allowed, even knowing it would offend you...

I criticize other opinions. I am not saying they should be silenced. How can I expect to hold my views with respect when others I do not like should be silenced?

Dude, you're an idiot.

As long as these racists do not put their beliefs into action it is their right to voice them. You cannot silence people you don't like, or you stoop down to their level of hatred.
So you honestly believe that people should be allowed to say whatever they like, no matter what emotional hurt or torment it may cause others?

all that you think America is ideally free and you can say whatever you like...
you've obviously not heard of sedition..
The U.S. Sedition Act first outlawed conspiracies "to oppose any measure or measures of the government." Going further, the act made it illegal for anyone to express "any false, scandalous and malicious writing" against Congress or the president.
Yep thats right it's actually illegal to speak words that may incite revolution in America.

-so much for freedom of speech...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom