MainAccess

Yeah; my Forumy Stuff is at very early stages at the moment though - and my MSSQL System on the PC is experiencing updating problems :D

Hmmm... I'd like to have a very basic Beta on my site when it releases in April... so an Alpha mid March? Hopefully of course. Depending on the work load I get from College and such like.

im sorting out colleges at the moment

well get a copy to me march 30th, it can be my birthday present from you :)

good good, cant wait to see what you have done, this will be interesting

Haha.

I won't actually be able to show people to test now until early to mid-April. Not becacuse I won't have anything working for then but because Microsoft are releasing the Beta 2 early April - and it will come with a Go Live Licence which means they believe its trustworthy enough for a production environment. I'd like to wait for that before I put anything on a Server now, instead of putting on the Beta 1 then having to sort out problems that may arise in upgrading to Beta 2.

But yeah - I shall try my best to make some nice preview sets, with Screen Shots and the like. And anybody with Visual Studio 2005 is quite welcome nearer the middle of March, towards the end to ask me for a copy so they can view it on their Computer. All you need is that and you can easily run it.

is this going to be distrobusted as free forum software when its finished or are you going to sell it

or is it for greathanc only :D

Haha. I imagine for a good few months beyond if anybody specifically asks me for it it will be only for Greathanc and sections of my site which want a Forum.

As for free or priced... I would like to Publically release it (the delay of course being for the Administration stuff that although would be ok for me - being able to see the code, knowing how it works and being able to change it - but not good enough for most other people who probably would not be able to sort through my crap once its built even if they knew a great deal of ASPX) but as to whether its Free or not I have yet to decide. Hopefully of course it will be good enough that I have the option - and then I can use it to pay for the site as a whole. I have been working on some other things, more simple, Blogs, Arcades, Chat, Galleries.

I'd just like to be able to pay for the site with it basically.

sounds cool

if you go for the free distobution then you can always sneak a little advertisement in or have a donations bit, if it was as good as VB or even better i would donate money espicially if it was free

Back
Top Bottom