Who should host the 2012 Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
London all the way, The UK is more than capable of staging the olympics, however areas of London are indeed a hole. I'd like you to find a city of that size that doesn't have 'hole-like' areas. I think we stand a pretty good chance. Having seen all the designs for where various events will take place in london it does look impressive. But trying not to sound too bias here, which being from the UK I realise is virtually impossible to do, I do believe London offers the best all round package. Moscow would've been high on my list but chechnya really is a worry. New York sealed its own fate it would seem sadly, I would've like it there too. I dont think Spain should host the olympics after what they did in a football match against us, either late last year or early this. Very racist towards our team and that should certainly remove them from the race in my opinion. (not literally take them out of it, but give a tarnished view on their bid and make them have to perform doubly as well to obtain it. If they can show that they can host the best olympics of the countries applying by a significant margin then yes let it be so.)

Im not saying Spain is, by any means at all. Merely saying what happened at one of our football matches (soccer that would be) in effect i'm just saying those people who were being racist there, are the racists. I feel reading back my post now that it appears stronger than I intended so apologies for that.

There are racists in every country. I could express concern about Britain and the BNP. But you are trying to paint it as if the whole country is like that and some incident should disqualify a country...

I'm going to assume that you didn't see that match then Giancarlo...

I think spanish supporters making monkey noises at black players is pretty racist...

Spain is not a racist country, but there is a small population of people there that are racist.

Then you should stop saying that these supporters speak for an entire country. There are small populations of people in every country that are racist. It seems your degree in engineering doesn't get you squat as far as intelligence goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom