Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

Again the straw man attacks and emotional arguments. There are shootings everyday in the US. 41,000 people died on the highways in the US last year. What about them? Iraq deserves a fucking democracy and you can't say otherwise.

You and I both know that people getting shot and killed by terrorists and rebels is far different then people who lose control of a car. One is preventable, the other one (practically) is not.

Although most of his statements are logical fallacies (straw-man attacks)...

Thanks for being really kind and nice to me.........

nofx said:
I think that he had very strong arguments and he knew what he was talking about. But I wouldnt know what Im talking about I'm not a conservative I'm a liberal

Look, most of his arguments I see on here are weak and are backed by logical fallacies. Mostly ones that try to appeal to emotions by exaggerating things. Thank goodness, you aren't eligible voters.

rakedog said:
You and I both know that people getting shot and killed by terrorists and rebels is far different then people who lose control of a car. One is preventable, the other one (practically) is not.

Oh fucking hell. People have been getting shot and killed by terrorists in Israel and the Israelis have held onto their democratic traditions. It'll take money and lives, but it will be worth it. That's the same thing what the allies said when getting rid of Hitler. And no you can't prevent car accidents.. they are caused by bad conditions like the weather mostly. That's something we can't contrl. Furthermore, we are trying our best in Iraq. Now lay off the ad hominems, logical fallacies, and attacks against the troops.

Giancarlo I'm more worried that you are an eligible voter. Plus what the hells that supposed to mean, because we have strong views we shouldnt have a say in a democracy where everyone is EQUAL

nofx said:
Giancarlo I'm more worried that you are an eligible voter. Plus what the hells that supposed to mean, because we have strong views we shouldnt have a say in a democracy where everyone is EQUAL

Why are you worried about me exercising my democratic right as being over the age of 18? Your views are misled and misfounded.. almost influenced by some sources. I'm a libertarian... I'm a very independent person. I'm also registered non-partisan as a voter. I never said you shouldn't have a say. I'm saying you should inform yourselves properly before you get 18.

You said thank god we are not eligible voters. Obviously you are insinuating that we are to stupid to vote because we dont agree with you.

nofx said:
You said thank god we are not eligible voters. Obviously you are insinuating that we are to stupid to vote because we dont agree with you.

I'm saying you aren't informed right... I'm happy you aren't eligible voters because you would vote on emotional strawmans.. and not facts.

And no you can't prevent car accidents.. they are caused by bad conditions like the weather mostly. That's something we can't contrl.

the other one (practically) is not.

Read more carefully buddy.

Dude, we honestly got too many problems at home... crime rates, inadequate gun control, envirmental problems, poverty, defecit, poor education and medical funding, social security....... And we're paying to buy bombs and bullets. I'm not saying we shouldn't be liberating people. I'm saying we should at least stabalize our own country first. At least get it to where it was in 2000 or earlier..

rakedog said:
Dude, we honestly got too many problems at home... crime rates, inadequate gun control, envirmental problems, poverty, defecit, poor education and medical funding, social security....... And we're paying to buy bombs and bullets. I'm not saying we shouldn't be liberating people. I'm saying we should at least stabalize our own country first. At least get it to where it was in 2000 or earlier..

Every nation has problems at home. Also crime rates have noted a substantial decline in the last few years. It has been pretty good. Additionally inadequate gun control? WTF? It is our right to bear arms. The rights of the citizens. Additionally environmental problems? Bush is addressing that by restricting the level of arsenic in water by 70%. Something Clinton never managed to do. Deficit? That's declining. Poverty is low and has remained steady. Education is pretty decent in this country.. there is room for improvement.. but Bush's plan has done pretty well. And we have money to pay for a military afterall this. You need to argue with facts, and not emotional strawmans. It would really hlep you. Stabilize our own country first? Here we go again with yet another strawman attack. It doesn't quite work out does it? At least get it to whwere it was in 2000 or earlier? WTF? The economy is growing and is just as good as it was back in 1999. So please spare me. BTW, the deficit was showing signs of growing towards the end of the Clinton adminstration. It is a natural cycle, like the business cycle. The economy is good, the country is in good shape and headed on the right course. You just don't like anything because Bush is incharge. I hate to break this to you but I'm more happy now then I was under the Clinton adminstration.

I'm saying you aren't informed right... I'm happy you aren't eligible voters because you would vote on emotional strawmans.. and not facts.

So after the hundreds of political debate posts that I have posted on this forum, you're saying that I'm not informed, and that I do not know what I'm talking about. We've been debating since september... Sure we might not agree, but are you honestly saying to my face that my personal opinions are not informed? You might as well tell me to go tell me to jump off a cliff. I study my stuff. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I'm misguided and not informed. I'm simply not agreeing with you. And that is natural...

Back
Top Bottom