Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

Many people don't understand how social security functions.

True.

The people who need it the most are the ones who are taxed the most. Lets face it, the rich pay more then 2/3rds of the taxes in this country. That's the way it is. The middle class then pay the second greatest amount. My dad really needed this and we were given quite a generous amount of money. I'm not minimizing the working class, but saying they do not work the same quality as the middle class which got the majority of the tax cut.

Well, I'm not going to argue with that, because it's basically true. But the rich can afford paying the taxes. In many situations, the working class cannot.

No. $1 trillion from what I heard. And I think I'm going to trust my sources over you.

Like I said, accurate estimates cannot be made yet. Several economists predicted that it would be 2 or 3 (and they were reliable sources, quoted in several newspapers, and I saw the same figure on Yahoo). I have no doubt that your source is reliable as well. It just can't be predicted yet, because the plan is not in action, and hasn't been ratified.

Mutual funds, not stock markets. Mutual funds are stable and good. Bush's plan would give us independence and security.

I'm sure......

Going to cost us more and more money, we have a problem? Dude wake up, there is no way out of this.

Yes there is. Like Bush said the SOU, there is everything from making the retirement age higher, to providing limited care, and other options.

Besides it will be an amount our nation can afford over the span of a decade.

Yeah, an extra 100 - 200 billion a year. That's just what we need, with our defecit and all.

rakedog said:
Well, I'm not going to argue with that, because it's basically true. But the rich can afford paying the taxes. In many situations, the working class cannot.

The poor pay very little taxes as it is.

Like I said, accurate estimates cannot be made yet. Several economists predicted that it would be 2 or 3 (and they were reliable sources, quoted in several newspapers, and I saw the same figure on Yahoo). I have no doubt that your source is reliable as well. It just can't be predicted yet, because the plan is not in action, and hasn't been ratified.

Most economists say $1-$1.5 trillion at most. It won't be $2-$3.. that sounds bloated by liberals who are against social security reform because they live in the delusion it will continue to work. The facts are this: If we don't work on this now it will cost more later. Additionally, it could be bankrupt by 2021.

Yes there is. Like Bush said the SOU, there is everything from making the retirement age higher, to providing limited care, and other options.

We already have exercised those options. But there is no other way out for the social security system as it is. You need to understand economics.

Yeah, an extra 100 - 200 billion a year. That's just what we need, with our defecit and all.

Oh please. It is our economy that is the one of the only growing solidly in the developed world. We are also making cuts to the Pentagon (like the JFK Aircraft Carrier which is costly, and old to maintain).

The poor pay very little taxes as it is.

Not really. Yes they pay llittle, but they earn little. It's mostly proportional...

Most economists say $1-$1.5 trillion at most. It won't be $2-$3..

Time will tell...... Like I keep saying, these predictments may be inaccurate, because the bill hasn't been ratified...

Oh please. It is our economy that is the one of the only growing solidly in the developed world. We are also making cuts to the Pentagon (like the JFK Aircraft Carrier which is costly, and old to maintain).

Oh yey! That way, we can recruit more army personel, and send them to the Middle East to get them killed by a bomb.

rakedog said:
Not really. Yes they pay llittle, but they earn little. It's mostly proportional...

Not at all. They pay very little, especially when they classify more dependents in their tax returns.

Time will tell...... Like I keep saying, these predictments may be inaccurate, because the bill hasn't been ratified...

Time will tell nothing. there are good predictions here that are backing myself up.

Oh yey! That way, we can recruit more army personel, and send them to the Middle East to get them killed by a bomb.

Oh please... stay away from the straw man attacks you liberals often employ. It looks bad.

Meh, by 2021 the world will be a pile of shit floating through space, cause we are only concerned about guns and money, not the environment. Its gonna bite us all on the ass one day, then all this debate about war and money will seem stupid and irrelevent but it will be to late, its to late now.

Oh please... stay away from the straw man attacks you liberals often employ. It looks bad.

So does people dying every day with bombings and countless shootings.

Man Rakedog, you have some pretty strong ideals for a 14 yr old. Good we need more people with strong views. No more of this apathy shit.

rakedog said:
So does people dying every day with bombings and countless shootings.

Again the straw man attacks and emotional arguments. There are shootings everyday in the US. 41,000 people died on the highways in the US last year. What about them? Iraq deserves a fucking democracy and you can't say otherwise.

Nofx:

Meh, by 2021 the world will be a pile of shit floating through space, cause we are only concerned about guns and money, not the environment. Its gonna bite us all on the ass one day, then all this debate about war and money will seem stupid and irrelevent but it will be to late, its to late now.

Again another logical fallacy argument... this one is the overly emotional type. You just don't know what you're talking about. You're talking out of thin air. It is too late now.. uh oh.. here we go with.. yet another argument with bad evidence. Just because you say so liberal doesn't make it true.

nofx said:
Man Rakedog, you have some pretty strong ideals for a 14 yr old. Good we need more people with strong views. No more of this apathy shit.

Although most of his statements are logical fallacies (straw-man attacks)...

I think that he had very strong arguments and he knew what he was talking about. But I wouldnt know what Im talking about I'm not a conservative I'm a liberal

Back
Top Bottom