Ps3 !?!

SwitchBlade305

Baseband Member
alright i just recently heard some stuff about the Sony PS3 console which should be realsed maybe late this year or hopefully early next year

The PS3 will use a "cell" to power the console. Its like a CPU, but the build of the cell is much more complex than any cpu to date. The Cell in the PS3 will be about that size of a paper tack, (the ones that you use to post paper on a bulletin board) and the Cell Speed will run at 4.6 GHZ!! WOW that is SCREAMING speeds. Sony paired with both IBM and Toshiba are still working on the Cell, and there are no final decisions on whether or not the Cell with actually be used in the system. I sure hope so, because Xbox 2 is going to be running at roughly a 3.8, but the chip will no longer be Intel. And seeing how the chip is not Intel, the Xbox 2 will NOT have backward compatibility with Xbox 1 games. Its a shame, because i wanted to see Halo 1 on Xbox 2. Anyway, i thought i would just let some people in on that, and I will be amazed if this Cell goes through on the PS3

Yea many of these have been mentioned in PS3Concept Designs thread also the best place to get most of this information from is www.ps3land.com although I hear about the cell processing from cnet I believe it stated that it would be over 4 GHz but I didn't know 4.6

Back
Top Bottom