support (donation) info

darvocet_outlaw

In Runtime
I was wondering if there is a way I can help support this site, by making a donation?
I used to be on mymonte.com (a long time ago, before I wrecked my car), and we set up a program where a person could donate via paypal.

I don't even know if this site has any problems with funding or if would even help...but if so, maybe we should try and set up some kinda system???

I couldn't donate much, and since alot of our members are not old enough to have access to paypal, there probably wouldn't be much money to be made.....BUT maybe enough to help pay for domain registration, ect. I know David hosts the board on a server he owns, but hey....it still costs him money for the domain, internet access and stuff.

I know I wouldn't mind helping out as much as I can.....this board has become invaluable to me!

BTW, on mymonte.com, we set up a "reward" system where you got your member status upgraded depending on how much you donated.

I think if you donate you have to say it is income and therefor the irs takes osme of it. Someone told me thats what happens since they count it as a source of income but i'd love to donate to the site.

You know darvocet_outlaw , that's not a bad idea, in fact (and no i'm not sucking up to david) But if all....

And let's say 4,950 member's here were to donate 1 dollar each, that would be 4,950 bucks right there...:D

Then David will be so suprized that he rewards us with custome AV's for a small amount of time, let's say..3-month's

So who's with me ? :p

I thought you hosted it on your own server because I read that in an old thread somewhere. lol

About how much does it cost monthly/yearly to host the site?

mr. mixx's ideal of custom avatars for people who donate sounds good to me! And I'm willing to bet that alot of people would be encouraged to donate because of that.

Back
Top Bottom