Favorite Foods

Giancarlo said:
I don't see why some of you people love Americanized knock off Chinese food so much. And you must ask yourself.. is Panda express really that all much better or healthier then mcdonalds? I find a big mac more appetizing then the chinese food they have. Big Macs aren't actually all that bad. I went to the Mandarin Deli again today. $5.95 for a huge bowl of soup made with handmade noodles and wontons.. it tasted wholesome. It also has no MSG like so many americanized chinese restaurants like to use. And the employees there speak only a moderate amount of english.. they mostly speak mandarin.

Yeah, Panda Express and all those americanized knock-off restraunts are an insult to the Chinese culinary community (considering that I'm chinese, I take offense to it also!).

alvino said:
Yeah, Panda Express and all those americanized knock-off restraunts are an insult to the Chinese culinary community (considering that I'm chinese, I take offense to it also!).

It happens a lot.. to many different ethnic backgrounds...

I'm half Spanish, half Italian. Luckily americans have not ripped off spanish food too much.. but italian food.. lets not go there. Olive Garden... that's a spit in the face to this half sicilian. Last time I went there I got a dish of completely overcooked pasta. Now that's a slap in the face to me.

I was in Venice a few weeks ago. OOOOOOOOOH MY GOD Ill never look at Italian cuisine the same way, absolutely superb I couldnt stop eating the pizza and past over there. We also went to Florence and found this really nice restraunt outside of the city, fantastic I loved the Florentine Fried Chicken. We went to Bilbao also, which is in Basque country. Not a big fan of the Basque cuisine though. The Gugenhiem (cant spell) was fantastic, my favorite museum that Ive been to and boy howdy I went to alot while traveling through Europe.

I told you.. if you go to Italy.. and you eat the food there... you will be stunned. Your standards will also shoot through the roof.. especially whenever you eat at american knock-offs.

I like tapas bars in Spain.. that's mostly what I ate there while I hanged out with friends in Salamanca. That's my town. College town to be exact.. loads of cool people are there... I also love Barcelona... :)

Yeh, we went to Barcelona, Madrid and Seville also. I loooooooooved Madrid but Barcelona was really nice. I love the spanish people, so helpful and friendly. Yeh thats so true about my standards they have shot up, everything here in Australia is just nasty and bland now.

Back
Top Bottom