Noob Building a computer needs help

Get a 3500+ winchester core. Check newegg for it. Next by the zalman reserator or however it is spelled. It is simple to install and you will be bale to OC your 3500_ to FX-55 speeds.

y not get a 4000+? also in benchmarks fx53 & 4000's perform the same, so y is there a big price difference? besides u know i dont wanna oc unless i really have to.but wats so great about the 3500+ winchester core?

That isnt compatible with athlon 64 though according to the desxcription.

winchester is highly OC able

wait wats not 64 compatible? also wats the highest u can OC a 4000+ sledgehammer core/clawhammer core? is one better for oc'ing?

The CLawhammer is better for Overclocking. The 4000+ can reach 2.8-3.0GHz with Liquid Cooling. And the BIGWATER is compatible with K8 processors (aka AMD64s) I used it last system, and Loved it, just needed something a bit smaller this time around.

ok im gonna make a whole new list this time lol.
4000+ will be in there along with a 6600 vid card.

amdzen how do u like that mobo u have? my friend had it and i guess he fried it oc'ing or something so hes getting a new one.

also how affective are 120mm fans? that case i want ppl normally put a 120 upfront and in the rear. would that cool it enough so that i dont need water?

A fan cools the case, not the cpu. A HSF cools the cpu not normal fans. Fans are good to keeo the case and mobo cool.

Back
Top Bottom