Computer restarting itself constantly!

OK, I got the stop screen info here:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC000001D,0x81DA76DD,0xF4A58874,0x00000000)

got this also from the blue screen of death:

STOP: hidusb.sys - address F7CB15D5 base at F7CB1000, date stamp 3b7d8658

got these from the admin tools

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D.

A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\IdePort0

The ASP.NET Admin Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Those ones are the three that repeat over and over again (hundreds of times)

1-Meaning of support 4 banks of PC2100 (266Mhz) or 2 banks of PC3200 (400Mhz)
2- What your manual is saying is that if you have a CPU with a 333Mhz front side bus, use 333Mhz (PC2700) only. If you want to use PC3200 (400Mhz) then you can set your bus at a lower frequency (200Mhz for instance) but in dual channel tupe mode which will give you your 400Mhz bus speed (2 x 200 Mhz),.but you will only have two slots available for 400Mhz memory sticks, anything lower will not work.
So since you are going to use only one PC3200 memory stick, make sure it is set in the slot nearest to the CPU, and in your BIOS, set your frequency to 200Mhz and a 2x multiplier.
Note: Since you are limiting yourself one way in bus speed, and in the other way in RAM capacity; I think a little investement on a new mobo with a 800 or even 1066 Mhz FSB. Your mobo is really non-convenient.

zero4zero said:
1-Meaning of support 4 banks of PC2100 (266Mhz) or 2 banks of PC3200 (400Mhz)
2- What your manual is saying is that if you have a CPU with a 333Mhz front side bus, use 333Mhz (PC2700) only. If you want to use PC3200 (400Mhz) then you can set your bus at a lower frequency (200Mhz for instance) but in dual channel tupe mode which will give you your 400Mhz bus speed (2 x 200 Mhz),.but you will only have two slots available for 400Mhz memory sticks, anything lower will not work.
So since you are going to use only one PC3200 memory stick, make sure it is set in the slot nearest to the CPU, and in your BIOS, set your frequency to 200Mhz and a 2x multiplier.
Note: Since you are limiting yourself one way in bus speed, and in the other way in RAM capacity; I think a little investement on a new mobo with a 800 or even 1066 Mhz FSB. Your mobo is really non-convenient.

I shot asus an e-mail about the memory table and what I should be using, and here's what I got:

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Bingo and I would be assisting you today.
Because the limitation of VIA chipset,the motherboard could only install one DDR400 stick or two DDR333 sticks at most.You can read your user manual for more details.

I've also decided that I need a new computer. I was going to upgrade my motherboard and get new memory, but my vid. card is already ancient (4x AGP)and I would like to go away from ATA 133 and get a SATA drive.

So, I am building an SLI system starting in a couple of weeks.

rusbo.uk said:
I would try a different power supply

I have just replaced mine with a brand new ANTEC power supply, I was having all sorts of problems and found out that my 3.3V was actually 2.3V. Maybe it damaged something??

Back
Top Bottom