Non-Contributers

It's pretty easy to get 5,000 posts if you post in every thread after someone else posts saying two words for example "and funnyness!!" Or a smiley face icon. Just ask athlon64fx... she knows all about it. The spam to helpful post ratio is just pretty pathetic here. Not to discredit the admins / founders but they should know when enough is enough and the mods favoritism doesn't help at all. It's like having an email address, and signing up and giving it out to everyone and everything without any ignore, spam filter, or anything. Just gets to be a hassle. I'm saddened to have to migrate from this community but I'm looking for a more productive / helpful forum. It was nice while it lasted. Please don't see this as an opportunity to flame me since I've singled someone out. You guys want feed back right? Well this is what I think. It's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

It's a shame to see you go. Just for the record, I see where you're coming from; and agree with your points.

Wake up LK; Social Lounge, fair enough. Nothing wrong with letting a few slips in hear and there. As you said, it's supposed to be social. But surely there has to be a limit.

However, I think one of the points Rewtguy was trying to get through was in other places of CF, it shouldn't be acceptable; and I agree. If someone requests help, they would like suggestions and ideas of ways they could possibly fix their problem. However, I have seen threads where members haven't been given an answer at all; people have just decided to talk about the subject and ignore the problem at hand completely; and a simple question has turned into a 10 page long thread of "lol"s, "lmao"s, "heheheheh"s and random single smilies.

I will have to agree with that Slayer, if someone asks a question that is not in the Social Lounge or in the Suggestions index....

Then i think for shure people should stay out of the thread, unless they are gunna answer it.

David Lindon said:
There have been a few 'lols' etc to hit the big 100,000 but that should all stop now anyway.
A simple way to fix that is to impose a minimum letter count in each post. Don't tell any one though. Let them find out on thier own...

Back
Top Bottom